Indoor Tent Ventilation

Marvin2006

420 Member
I'm wondering if the exhaust fan with passive intake through the lower screened windows can be turned off when the lights are turned off for the dark cycle.

I know the importance of air circulation to supply the plants with co2, but as the co2 is only used for photosynthesis, once the lights go out are there other factors that would warrant leaving the exhaust on 24/7.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

The only other factor I can think of off the top of my head would be the tempatures and humidity. I know some growers use the exhaust fan to help with tempatures and humidity buildup in thier rooms. I am sure there are other factors but its still early int he morning and my brain doesnt function fully til after a couple rounds.:bong:

CGs

Depends on what stage your plants are in, If you are flowering you should keep the exhaust on unless you have a dehumidifier to avoid moldy buds. But even in veg, high humidity can lead to unwanted pests.

I leave my Air inlet, exhause and canopy fan on 24-7 is it a noise issue you are worried about?

Noise is not an issue, I was just looking to find out if there was any real need to leave the ventilation running once the photosynthesis stops in the dark cycle.

I now think it makes sense to leave it running to keep the humidity from becoming too high as was stated by Caregivers and iminadaze.

Thanks all for the input, ventilation will run 24/7.

I also leave my exhaust fan on 24/7 throughout my entire grow....draws into my carbon filter and my tube light(when on and off)...what about your stink?.

Back
Top Bottom