New room build, typical ventilation or hybrid sealed?

BCBudGrowr

420 Member
So I'm currently building a 12x8 room that will have a 4x8 growing table in it. Using quantum boards. I originally planned to have a 6" filtered passive intake with an 8" exhaust filter and fan. Like most tent set ups. The room is in my basement and I've had to use my heater in my 4x4 tent down there. Temps are normally around 16-18c with rh around 35-40 naturally.

It was suggested to me that I should consider putting gasket sealed dampers on the intake and exhaust to basically "seal" the room, use the 8" carbon filter and fan as a stand alone room odor scrubber, then use a 6" fan for exhaust and a 4" fan for intake. Then have the intake and exhaust fans run for cooling on a heating/cooling controller. Controller would turn on the Heater as needed and if it gets too warm, the controller turns off the heater and turns the ventilation fans on, refreshing air in the room until the set temp is reached. No co2. Then a dehumidifier and or humidifier to manage humidity.

I think this might allow me to better control the environment..

Anyone else running a room like this? Thoughts?

One other question, do you think the scrubber will do enough for the smell or should the exhaust fan also have a carbon filter?

Really nice. Today I visited my local grow shop and talked to the owner who has lots of experience and I've decided to stick with the original passive 6" filtered intake and 8" carbon filter/fan exhaust, but putting an fan idling controller (TV12) that you can set day and night temps and it will adjust the fan speed automatically. It triggers on the lights going on/off. Saved me some bucks and I think it will work well. We'll see! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom