Air control

NeoScott

I’m looking into my next upgrade and I want to automate my rh and temps. I have a 2 by 4 tent that’s a little out of control on the rh and some nights get to cold and some days get to hot. I don’t have full control over the room temperature as anyone blasting their heat boils my place. I am also thinking of changing from led to cmh so I will have to deal with an increase of heat.

Today my temps were 19/23 and my rh is 30/60. Yesterday was 20/24 and 40/55.

The only solution I came up with was a heater and an air conditioner connected to a temp controller as well as a dehumidifier and humidifier on a humidity controler. I was wondering if you guys have other solutions.

I was even thinking of running these in a different tent then using an in-line to pull the air into my grow but that seems a little excessive.

I want to provide the best for the plants so no budget.

Do you already use a temperature controlled exhaust fan like a hyperfan? It would be the easiest place to start.
I didn’t see a temp controlled inline fan by hyper fan but I do think I found what your talking about. Ac infinity cloud series. That’s pretty nice, so it will turn off if the grow gets to cold and back on when it warms up? It something to think about for sure!

I didn’t see a temp controlled inline fan by hyper fan but I do think I found what your talking about. Ac infinity cloud series. That’s pretty nice, so it will turn off if the grow gets to cold and back on when it warms up? It something to think about for sure!

No not AC infinity. Hyperfan. I had an AC infinity, I returned it and got a hyperfan.

The hyperfans cost more but they are a superior product in every way.

Yea the website sucks. They got bought out by Hawthorne a couple years ago and haven't done anything with it since. You can find the temperature speed controllers on Amazon, which is one of the only places you can buy their fans. Most hydro stores will also be able to order them but likely won't stock them.

I'm currently trying to find some patent info on the motors they use to try and clone it. Far superior to the AC infinity motors. It's an awesome product owned by a stupid corporation now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191208-103135.png
    Screenshot_20191208-103135.png
    741.1 KB · Views: 63
Yes the hyperfan does a really good job of maintaining at the setpoint. It's not on/off like most thermostats. It increases/decreases speed to maintain your setpoint. Helps keep the grow area where you want it regardless of ambient temps.

Sunlight supply is a distributor owned by Hawthorne. If you can find a store in Canada that's partnered with them you may be able to order one in.

The motors are the most efficient and also provide the highest torque of any motors used in the industry. They really are phenomenal. The company just doesn't do anything with getting the product out there. That's why I really want to clone it.

Why not tear it apart measure everything. Make some cad files any lubes or greases can be substituted possibly with something better.

You should be able to inquire about the patent numbers they give you in your owner or user Manuel’s. if that’s not present you could call the patent office and ask what you can do to find it.

If you want to make your own fan look into magnets. Also look into dysons bladless fans. Their more efficient then regular fans make less noise, I don’t know to much about the fans but dyson does make good products. Knock off are much cheaper but always suffer in performance.

I’ve got my own little project going on but don’t worry it’s not a fan.

They don't include any patent numbers with the owners info, or on the site.

There biggest difference in fans is the blade and motor. Even an adequate blade on that motor would be great.

I only have one and I can't afford to have it not running. I'm planning to buy another one to dissect once I can afford it.

I don't like AC infinity as a company. They pissed me off when I was dealing with them on the first fan I bought from them.

They don't include any patent numbers with the owners info, or on the site.

There biggest difference in fans is the blade and motor. Even an adequate blade on that motor would be great.

I only have one and I can't afford to have it not running. I'm planning to buy another one to dissect once I can afford it.

I don't like AC infinity as a company. They pissed me off when I was dealing with them on the first fan I bought from them.
Hey so the hyper fan has proportional control?

Back
Top Bottom