My ventilation scenario

Brian420pm

4 x 4 indoor tent using 600w HPS/MH. The room that houses the tent is conditioned, 74 degrees and between 30-50% RH at all times.

I'm trying to figure out the simplest way to control heat and RH automatically. I have a fan controller that has both RH and temp sensors and can turn on/off a fan according to both readings. For example the fan will turn on whenever the heat gets above 80 and will also come on if the humidity goes above 70.

My drawing shows what I describe... any thoughts on this? If all readings are within range and the fan is off, how do I keep negative pressure in the tent? Maybe I'll need another low speed fan inline to always keep air circulating?

Is that a factory bought tent? Or did you make your own tent? I made my own (it’s shown in my journal located at the bottom of my post called blue angel 2019) I have the carbon air filter hooked up to it as the setup doesn’t look like it did at the beginning of the journal. I cut slots at the bottom of the tent with the fan extracting air out with it, drawing fresh air from the bottom of the tent drawn to the top by the carbon air filter

Is that a factory bought tent?

Yeah it will be a factory bought.

exhaust out the window because it makes the humidity in said room a lil too high for my liking

That's a good point... why make my house HVAC work harder than it should... evacuate all that moist and hot air outside. That would also take away the need for the filter for that airflow?

I would still need negative pressure in the tent though for indoor odor control.

Yeah it will be a factory bought.

That's a good point... why make my house HVAC work harder than it should... evacuate all that moist and hot air outside. That would also take away the need for the filter for that airflow?

I would still need negative pressure in the tent though for indoor odor control.

Any air that you blow out of the house will be sucked in from somewhere else fwiw.

Back
Top Bottom