Sentinel chhc-4 and dehumidifier control but at night?

Ty13

So if I have my dehumidifier hooked up to the CHHC-4, I realize it will regulate the dehumidifier to the set RH level I want....BUT, what happens at night?? When the lights go out, the temp. drops a bit, and as we all know condenses...Is the CHHC-4 going to control the dehumidifier some how at night like this?!? Or can the dehumidifier act on it's own...The dehumidifier I was thinking of grabbing is a 50-pint Ideal Air one. It draws 5.3 amps and uses over 600 watts! Are there any better ones out there that don't use as much electricity etc.??

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can lend!

Ty

Re: Sentinel chhc-4 and dehumidifier control but at night??

in my experience, it's best to let devices that have compressors in them operate independently of a controller like the chhc. The dehuey has internal controls that regulate the refrigeration cycles . Compressors need 3-5 minutes between cycles to equalize the pressure between the 2 sides. cutting the power to them disrupts this.

I use the internal humidistat on both my ac and dehuey for this reason.

Also 50 pints is the max it can remove running 100% of the time. My 70 pint has trouble keeping up with my 1800w 4' X 12' room.

Re: Sentinel chhc-4 and dehumidifier control but at night??

in my experience, it's best to let devices that have compressors in them operate independently of a controller like the chhc. The dehuey has internal controls that regulate the refrigeration cycles . Compressors need 3-5 minutes between cycles to equalize the pressure between the 2 sides. cutting the power to them disrupts this.

I use the internal humidistat on both my ac and dehuey for this reason.

Also 50 pints is the max it can remove running 100% of the time. My 70 pint has trouble keeping up with my 1800w 4' X 12' room.

Okay, thanks for that feedback!...I'll have to look into that aspect some more as it was something that I was totally unaware of the compressor situation.

As for the amount of H2O it can remove, I did read about that and maybe I do need to step up to a larger model for that capacity...Can I ask ya what type of A/C you're running...because, I was going to install a 24K BTU mini split and was hoping it would take care of some of the humidity too. However, the room is fairly large...about 15' X 15' split into 2 rooms with 2 air circulation vents between the separation wall.

So, if my set up is already going to be temp. controlled by a 24K BTU Mini Split A/C and I set up the dehuey to run independently as well, I wouldn't really need the expensive Sentinel CHHC-4 would I?!?

I could prob. go with a CO2 controller that takes into account the amount of humidity and temp. but not controlling those 2 aspects...Just whether or not it's night/day and if the climate is good to go so it can turn the CO2 on, right??

Anyone have a favorite model for this type of CO2 control....Please share!!

Yes, your minisplit will handle much of the moisture. When lights are out there's a big spike and when it's cold enough not to need the AC, the dehuey handles the load.

I would consider getting a dehuey that is able to remove 80% of the water you feed each day. If your plants consume 10 gallons a day than you can probably recapture 8 gallons of that.

I currently run an 8k window shaker for my AC as well as a 6k chiller for my lamps.

I bought my controllers off of ebay they are digigrows. One is adjustable and one is fixed.

i understand those sentinals are nice. I don;t think it can handle your minisplit though. I question the accuracy of almost every temp/humidity device. I have 3 or 4 in my space and the RH varies much between them. So I'm not that crazy about the price of a temp humidity sensor that isn't boasting accuracy over features.

Also, keep in mind that some dehumidifiers work below 65deg. and some DON'T. All are self controlling so don't use another controller. A big X2 to the last post! All my 6 humidity meters vary from each other greatly (15%rh low to high).

Just saw: over 2.5 years ago....oh well.

Back
Top Bottom