Which dehumidifier do you use?

SmokingWolverine

Hello,

I have a 5' 3'x3' grow tent and was wondering what others use and/or suggest as a dehumidifier.

I've checked around and there are a couple different choices.

- Renewable dehumidifier, these have no wires, they use crystallized silica gel, there is no control, it just absorbs moisture, once it's full you recharge, by plugging it in the wall.

- Cheaper (~$50-$65) small electric dehumidifiers from "online" look ok, but don't have a manual on-off switch so using it on a humidistat won't work as it won't turn back on after it turns off.

- Regular priced ($100+) electric dehumidifiers some in various sizes and costs are available for a cost.

I'm leaning towards finding the smallest regular priced dehumidifier to add to my tent.

Any thoughts. suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

You can use any electric dehumidifier and combine it with a Inkbird controller (they have all kinds of controllers, including an RH one).

Go with oversized is my best advice- it'll make it easier to control the environment, especially in full flower

You can use any electric dehumidifier and combine it with a Inkbird controller (they have all kinds of controllers, including an RH one).

Go with oversized is my best advice- it'll make it easier to control the environment, especially in full flower
Thanks Rexer, I have an inkbird 608T which controls Temp and Humidity, I had to use it last spring with a Humidifier, now I need to get the opposite LOL. 3 years Outdoor with whatever I could fine, Last Year I got a grow tent to start earlier, so building up my grow setup piece by piece.

Ahh see I was thinking more of the IHC200 model. It can flip between turning on a humidifier or dehumidifier to keep the humidity dialed in.
It's not the cheapest route that's for certain, but those small ones (dehumidifiers) may not be enough...it would depend I guess on the environment the tent is in I guess.
Anyhow wasn't certain if you had known about the Inkbirds..., to be honest I just tossed a large AC and large dehumidifier inside my tent (which is a 4x4)....the loss of space vs not worrying/stressing has made it worth it imo.
But I get it- that may not be a solution for you.

Ahh see I was thinking more of the IHC200 model. It can flip between turning on a humidifier or dehumidifier to keep the humidity dialed in.
It's not the cheapest route that's for certain, but those small ones (dehumidifiers) may not be enough...it would depend I guess on the environment the tent is in I guess.
Anyhow wasn't certain if you had known about the Inkbirds..., to be honest I just tossed a large AC and large dehumidifier inside my tent (which is a 4x4)....the loss of space vs not worrying/stressing has made it worth it imo.
But I get it- that may not be a solution for you.
No worries, I'm new to the forum, so you wouldn't know. I have a 5' 3'x3' grow tent. Trainign goes a long way to maximize minimal space.

I agree with your line of thinking, proper setup vs saving space, I will always you the best way , it's better to lose 10% than 100% if it goes wrong. I'm all about automating the environment

No worries, I'm new to the forum, so you wouldn't know. I have a 5' 3'x3' grow tent. Trainign goes a long way to maximize minimal space.

I agree with your line of thinking, proper setup vs saving space, I will always you the best way , it's better to lose 10% than 100% if it goes wrong. I'm all about automating the environment
Yup- exactly same thoughts. And Welcome to :420:

My whole setup is automated, and run through my phone. Lights, temps, pumps, & airstones.
Nothing fancy, just a wifi power bar that allows you to do some programming for the most part. I also tossed in a wyze cam, I can check them and turn up/down the temp, see RH and trigger a manual feeding remotely. Yeah I like my toys and automation, it's probably what keeps my plants alive :rofl:
If your ever looking for help in that, I don't mind sharing my setup. I did it all for as on the cheap as possible

Back
Top Bottom