What make of dehumidifier do you use?

luckyduck69

My old dehumidifier is coming to the end of its life and wanting to buy a new more efficient one for roughly a 3m x 3m room, anyone use one that you think is worth buying? Heard some of the newer ones are a fire hazard for continuous use and not something I'd like to risk, so any suggestions would be welcome, something that has continuous draining

My old dehumidifier is coming to the end of its life and wanting to buy a new more efficient one for roughly a 3m x 3m room, anyone use one that you think is worth buying? Heard some of the newer ones are a fire hazard for continuous use and not something I'd like to risk, so any suggestions would be welcome, something that has continuous draining
Mine is branded MonHouse
Has a 3L tank, or drain hose option, night mode, timer and built-in HEPA filter
Runs at 55W and has worked very well for the last 3 years... and counting
It generates gentle heat too so in winter/cold basements it's ideal
Cost around £100 from Zon
HTH

Bought an Igenix 30l with a drain hose, went for larger option this time as tent is in a garage that has lot higher humidity than the house and will have a bit more work to do than just controlling the tent humidity.
Good idea! I probably could have gone with a bit larger of a unit but the 5 x 5 I'm in now is inside the house in a temperature controlled office so my reasoning was I have the home HVAC to dry whatever makeup air is being pulled into the system and this can supplement without my having to push the unit to run at 100% constantly.

Obviously you have a much more unpredictable environment you need to try and control so a larger unit would make sense.

Good idea! I probably could have gone with a bit larger of a unit but the 5 x 5 I'm in now is inside the house in a temperature controlled office so my reasoning was I have the home HVAC to dry whatever makeup air is being pulled into the system and this can supplement without my having to push the unit to run at 100% constantly.

Obviously you have a much more unpredictable environment you need to try and control so a larger unit would make sense.
Yea i had a 20l before that did the job but over winter it was working hard, as garage RH was 99% 8 months of the year, joys of living in the Northern Hemisphere. The old one lasted about 5 or 6 years, if this one does the same i'll be happy with that :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom