Difference between a 2 tons mini split AC like a MrCool and a 2 tons air conditioning Goodman?

DoubleA

420 Member
Hello,

I will need at least 48k btu of AC in my grow room. (8x1000watts of light + dehumidifier) Instead of having one 4 tons unit, I have decided to get 2 x 2 tons. It will make me feel better in case one unit break. So a 24k btu mini split AC like Mr Cool will cost me around 1.6k$ and a air conditioning unit like Good man will cost around 2.5k$,

Mini split are guaranteed 5 years, Goodman 10 years.

With this huge difference in prize, what are the big difference in both ?

Thank you

Maybe find out operating cost of each? How many watts they'll draw, how often they would be running (all other things being equal), etc. If the Goodman is lower cost to operate, maybe it would eat up that $900 difference in a year or two, and make the overall cost lower.

The minisplit will be more efficient to operate. The central AC requires duct and a few other things so I'm not sure your price is accurate. Do you need heat capabilities as well?

Your kind of picking from the bargain bin brands because those are the only ones that sell to the general public. Make sure the manufactures will still honor the warranty if it's not installed by a licensed contractor. And be prepared to service them or call someone to. If I were to buy a minisplit it would be a Daikin, or a Mitsubishi.

The minisplits will take up a lot less space, inside and out. Depending where you live they may need to be installed on risers outside or mounted on the wall.

I've found Senville – Série Leto mini split. The price is decent (1300$ ea CAD) and the review are very good. The seller told me that I would need a refrigeration guy to vacuum the pipe for 300$ (CAD)

I will also take a look at the brands you just mentionned.

I've found Senville – Série Leto mini split. The price is decent (1300$ ea CAD) and the review are very good. The seller told me that I would need a refrigeration guy to vacuum the pipe for 300$ (CAD)

I will also take a look at the brands you just mentionned.

You can buy units that are precharged including the lineset eliminating the need for a tech. Most manufactures make them it's just a matter of finding a reseller that carries it.

Back
Top Bottom