Ditched attic grow, cabinet grow

luckiestman13

So the attic grow I was thinking about was just a little to much to take on at the moment. So I'm going to build a cabinet.
34in L-23in W- 38in T is what I have to work with. I would like to partition a smaller part of it for a mother plant and clones. Does anyone have some directions I could follow? That has venting and fans etc included.

MH + HPS Air Cooled Digital Grow Light 400 W Watt 400W | eBay
Is this what I'm looking at for veg and flower.

And going to run about 4-6 cfls for the mother and clones.

I'm off to Home Depot to start putting some ideas together. peace! :Namaste:

For about a 2 square foot area, you are planning on having 400 watts of HID? While it might be doable, for a DIY just starting out, I think the heat from the lamp and the small area in CF will not work so well.

I would suggest getting two 150 watt setups, one MHS for in veg and one HPS for in flower. 150 watts in that space should be plenty. And it might cost you the same up front, but half in operating cost. Also less heat to deal with means small exhaust fans, which means quieter.

So the attic grow I was thinking about was just a little to much to take on at the moment. So I'm going to build a cabinet.
34in L-23in W- 38in T is what I have to work with. I would like to partition a smaller part of it for a mother plant and clones. Does anyone have some directions I could follow? That has venting and fans etc included.

MH + HPS Air Cooled Digital Grow Light 400 W Watt 400W | eBay
Is this what I'm looking at for veg and flower.

And going to run about 4-6 cfls for the mother and clones.

I'm off to Home Depot to start putting some ideas together. peace! :Namaste:

I too think you will have heat issues ...unless you have some strong exhaust fans..where are you building this cabnet...if its in the attic...make it larger

should I keep a partition in the box for clones and a mother plant? Would this be the best way for me to harvest more regularly? Or just use the whole box for 1 grow and a time?

I'm with everyone else, that space is too small for a 400-watt HID.

Additionally, you might want to purchase your light from an actual store instead of from someone on eBay. For one, considering the mix of items that is in this seller's "store," it is likely that things are drop-shipped from China. For another reason, it gives you the chance to purchase a name-brand ballast instead of a nameless one.

Finally, I didn't see any mention of those items carrying any warranty. What I did see was this:

fleabay merchant said:
Seller hereby disclaims all claims, express and implied, with respect to this Item, including without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or that the Item is free from latent defects. Purchaser has had the opportunity to contact Seller to ask any questions regarding this Item prior to purchase. Item is sold in its current as/is condition as described subject only to warranty for repairs if offered. Purchaser knowingly and freely assumes all risks of ownership and use, known and unknown.

My Lumatek has a five-year warranty (the last two years are pro-rated). It's also dimmable, and will properly drive both 400-watt and 250-watt bulbs. You could get their 250-watt version and run it now at 150 watts (it has settings for 250-watt, 175-watt, 150-watt, and maybe a 250 "super lumen" setting) - and still have a use for it if you increase the size of your grow slightly in the future. I think they're going for around $111 currently. There are other name-brand digital ballasts as well. They all have some sort of warranty. Hopefully, you'll never need to use a warranty, lol, but it's nice to have.

Back
Top Bottom