Hot Arizona Cabinet Grow Questions

rustydutch

I have a cabinet in my garage that I am going to turn into a legal medical grow for myself. The cabinet is 45 inches wide x 52 inches tall x 23 inches deep. Here is a picture of a picture that I drew of a proposed design (Sorry about the crudeness. Please be nice.): Click Here

I have grown before in Colorado and do have about 2 years knowledge in growing. I did well but this was 5 or so years ago.

As you can see in the image, I would like to use some sort of LED lighting system for the flowering chamber. I have been looking at the UFO Supernova. Would this be a good choice for a 28 inch wide x 35 inch tall x 23 inch deep area? Please note that everything in my drawing is changeable. I am very open to more innovative or better methods. I want to do it right from the start. The reason I chose an LED for the flower chamber is because my cabinet is in the garage and it gets upwards of 100 degrees F in the summer here in Arizona. I know I can bloom at night to help somewhat (I'm not sure if that's an issue with LED's). I also know that I will need to cool my environment no matter what I use for lighting. I do have access to the attic right above and I can bring power and even vent through the roof if that's recommended. Like I said before, it's going to be done right from the beginning. I was thinking of doing SCROG for maximum bud potential (Again, any better ideas?). I have grown SOG in the past but this would take too many plants and render my operation non-compliant. I chose a Ebb & Flow setup for the blooming area and can make a simple cloner but I am not sure what to use in the mother area (It's the one on the lower right of the picture). I chose Ebb & Flow because I have seen my best results with it. I am open to and good ideas. I chose CFL for the cloner and the mother areas. This is also open to discussion. I am open to an all LED setup if anyone has ideas that would work. Since I know that I need to cool my cabinet, I am to decide between a portable a/c unit or swamper in the attic. I would rather use an a/c due for the need of water to a swamper. Like I said I am open to ideas though. I have seen different opinions on if I need to vent out of the attic or not. I have no problem install a vent through the roof. I am very serious about doing this right and want the best yields possible. Would CO2 be recommended do to the possible higher heat levels? Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced!!

Back
Top Bottom