DIY 50 site aero cloner for under $100.00

Hello everyone,

I know there are tutorials all over the internet for DIY aero cloners but I wanted to add mine to our collection here at 420mag. I can't believe that there are some companies out there that charge hundreds of dollars for these units.

I had almost everything that I used to build this unit laying around the house so in reality, it didn't cost me anything to build this unit. However, if I had purchased everything new, the unit still only would have cost approx $95.00 to build.

Supplies needed and their costs:

(1) 30 gallon Sterlite tote = $10.00
(1) 692 GPH ECO pump = $48.00
(28) 330* spray heads = $7.00
(1) 10' length of 1/2" schedule40 PVC pipe = $3.00
(4) 1/2" 90* PVC elbows = $1.00
(3) 1/2" PVC Tee's = $1.00
(50) 2" Neoprene collars = $15.00
(1) 1 7/8" hole saw blade = $10.00

The tub with the pump

eco_692.JPG

Frame assembly

frame_1.JPG

frame_21.JPG

frame_31.JPG

Frame assembled with spray heads installed

frame_done.JPG

A closer look at the spray heads and frame, I drilled an 11/64 hole and threaded the heads in. There are 28 spray heads in the unit.

head_1.JPG

heads_1.JPG

Here she is in action. Plenty of awesome mist!

mist_1.JPG

I haven't cut the holes in my lid yet as my mothers aren't big enough to yield the clones needed but I will add pictures of the completed unit with clones in the 2" neoprene collars when I finish so check back.

I would love to see it finished and even more so see what it is capable of producing. I'm new to this and am not sure what all the different systems can do, ecspecially the aeroponics.

very nice, how well is the balance of the water pump without having PVC supports?
sorry if I overlooked, but isn't a special timer for the water pump required too?

very nice, how well is the balance of the water pump without having PVC supports?
sorry if I overlooked, but isn't a special timer for the water pump required too?

Good question. I'm using an Eco 692 GPH with the suction cups on the bottom and the pump tends to tilt forward so I'm going to JB weld a small piece of 1/2" PVC pipe to the bottom of the tub which will hold up the heavy end of the pump. This unit doesn't need a timer as it will be left on at all times to root clones. I do have a special timer if I decided that I wanted to cycle it.

I have the unit complete and will be adding pics later. I went and broke my hand 2 days ago so I'm a little slow..... lol

man i've been wanting to build one of these but just haven't gotten around to it. I plan on building one on a smaller scale with around 6 pods using a 5 gal bucket and a much smaller pump.

Good question. I'm using an Eco 692 GPH with the suction cups on the bottom and the pump tends to tilt forward so I'm going to JB weld a small piece of 1/2" PVC pipe to the bottom of the tub which will hold up the heavy end of the pump. This unit doesn't need a timer as it will be left on at all times to root clones. I do have a special timer if I decided that I wanted to cycle it.

I have the unit complete and will be adding pics later. I went and broke my hand 2 days ago so I'm a little slow..... lol

very nice setup thanks for this post.. if u use a timer what kind of cycle would you use? do you use cloning powder in the water or would u use jell on the clones?

Stinkbud veg unit on roids. I don't think you would have to jb weld anything. All you wpold need is support on the short sides of the units. Meaning just put (2) tess one one each end and the right size pvc piping down towarrds the bin with (2) ends caps. Also I say 1 minute on 5 minutes off for your clone setup. That's what I do in mine.

I already JB welded the support in place and everything is working fine. The unit is complete. I picked up some neoprene at a local hobby shop and cut out the rest of my 2" collars. I only spent $6.00 on the neoprene. It's a lot cheaper when you make them yourself. I will eventually cut more collars so that they all match.

I find it interesting that you run a timer 1 on and 5 off. I had planned on letting the pump run continuously but I can incorporate my timer if it would be the optimal thing to do. I'm curious, Is there any data that supports a timed (ex: 1 on 5 off) regimen over a constant flow for aero cloning?

Here's the unit as it sits... waiting on clones.

collars_done.JPG

Here she is in action.

spray_done.JPG

I will post pics of rooted clones to finish this DIY up.

I run 1/5 so that the plants can take in oxygen when its off. I use tap water along with clonex (optional). Then I ph it 5.8 and just wait. That's the same way I do my veg and flower unit. Ill post my grow journal up this weekend.

I need to cut my own 2" inserts. Actually I need multlple colors so I can distinguish the different strains. What did you use to cut the inserts?

I use a cylce timer by titan. I think its bettet to use a preset timer 1/4 that way you can't accidenally change your settings

Back
Top Bottom