Do buds need 100% darkness when drying?

Annex420

I read they need darkness to dry and sun light will ruin the thc and possibly dry it to fast, your not supposed to have a fan blowing on the buds. But i'm not sure where to dry the buds when it comes time, besides the room I have as a grow room its 5x12ft . I have 1 plant in the room with a Mar300 on it, it wasn't gonna finish grow outside so I brought it in, anyway would the Mar300 be too much for the buds, they're not gonna be under the light in the same room, the light is on a 12/12 schedule. I also plan to add a fan to circulate the air again wont be pointed at the buds.

No there are multiple things wrong with what you are saying and also correct. You have much reading yet to do. But not 100% dark.

Sun light and light in general breaks down THC. That is why people harvest before lights come on and do it in the dark and dry and cure in the dark. also the most potent time of the day is before the lights start damaging the THC and breaking it down. Best to harvest after a 48-72 hour dark period to max the resin build up at night.

As far as drying goes that is the hardest part of growing is the cure. There is a lot to learn there to do it justice. but you want it to have a slow dry before cure. if it drys in under a week and a half it is an uneven dry and will be harder to cure.

I wash my buds before drying. I also circulate the air in the tent and try yo do some humidity controls to slow the dry.

There are long threads about washing, drying and curing on here all should be read.

Back
Top Bottom