Do I need more light?

Snarkie

High all,

Semi noob here with a suplemental lighting question.

I'm currently planning out my new set up. Been away from growing for 5 years, and want to do it right this time.

My plan is to have 1- 28 sq' flowering chamber and 1- 28 sq' veg chamber. I'm looking to have a 600w HPS and a 600w MH respectively. This only works out to 24w/sq'. I read in an old book that I have that you want to shoot for 30-40w/sq'. Is this accurate info? Should I add some CFL lighting? I have to be careful with heat and electric usage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, what are "reps", and what do I do with them?

Thanks for your reply CocoJoe:thumb: I thought that I was might be way short on watts. I'm just gonna add as much as suplemental as I can and hope for the best. Do you think the extra space for plants is gonna make up for less than ideal lighting. Or should I just plan on smaller chambers to bring me up to the 50w/sq'?

Why not just make your grow space match your lighting ? Just get a 4x4 tent some are just a bit smaller and would work great with your lights, you can always add a few cfls if you need them ..if you got the money get 2 one for veg and one for flower...less than 450 bucks for 2 !!there are cheaper ones out there but they may not be something that would last....

Do you think the extra space for plants is gonna make up for less than ideal lighting. Or should I just plan on smaller chambers to bring me up to the 50w/sq'?

there is no substitute for light. your yield will depreciate as you move away from 50w/sq'. better to try and hit the mark with less plants, you will be happier in the long run.....:)

VOTE HERE FOR NUG OF THE MONTH!

Back
Top Bottom