Does Flowering with C.F.L.= Lesser Yields

kvj187

O.K. lets say i use CFL lights in my 4x4 grow room under 9 plants.......
if i use the same C.F.L. lights that resembles a 1000w h.i.d.(whatever that maybe)
will i get less yields or will my plant grow slower?

(p.s. can you guys tell me what kind of bulbs are identical to a 1000 high pressure sodium, you know the ones that are ideal to flowering stages. and how many i would need for 9 plants)

your buds won't get as dence with cfl's, they string out more = usually less yields.
as far as resemblance you mean the temp of the light? 2700k is best for flowering

O.K. lets say i use CFL lights in my 4x4 grow room under 9 plants.......
if i use the same C.F.L. lights that resembles a 1000w h.i.d.(whatever that maybe)
will i get less yields or will my plant grow slower?

(p.s. can you guys tell me what kind of bulbs are identical to a 1000 high pressure sodium, you know the ones that are ideal to flowering stages. and how many i would need for 9 plants)

A 1000 watt HPS throws 150,000 Lumens. Assuming you'll be using small CFL's like most (the 42 watt/2700k to flower).....you'd have to place 50 CFL bulbs on your plant in order to match the lumen output of an HPS... but then you'd be running 2100 watts.

If you have a 4x4 grow area, you'll save yourself money and produce WAY better bud if you just purchase an HPS unit. Good luck.

Thanks guys,,
what about c.f.l. and vegging?
(still would get less if i had the identical amount of flourecants if i was to use a 1000w "metal halide")

Thanks guys,,
what about c.f.l. and vegging?
(still would get less if i had the identical amount of flourecants if i was to use a 1000w "metal halide")

Since I've grown with CFL's, I feel I can answer here.

I understand that you have a 4x4 veg area and you're wanting to veg 9 plants.

So let's look at what it will take to veg a plant. I've found that(3) or (4) 20 watt cfl's placed correctly will effectively veg a plant. Therefore, you'd have to build your own hood and then incorporate approximately 20-30 bulbs to cover your veg area. I've built my own CFL hood in the past and it incorporated 12 bulbs.

It would be WAY more economical for you to order a 4'x4' T5 Flouro setup which is in the neighborhood of $150.00 US currency.

Here's a link to that type of product. Good luck.

High Tech Garden Supply

I think cfl's and shop lights are perfectly acceptable for cloning and early veg work. But after the inital few weeks, you really need to look at getting a hps light setup. Do you have a credit card? Then you can buy now and pay it off in increments.

"High Tech Garden Supply "

Is the worst place to by stuff .
they have F-ed up 2 of my orders and im still wating for the parts for the last and final order i will never buy from them again.

On the other hand, I have ordered from them on several occasions and would describe their service as A+.

However, I wasnt trying to get him to buy from them. I simply posted a link to a product. That product just happened to be on HTG's site.

On the other hand, I have ordered from them on several occasions and would describe their service as A+.

However, I wasnt trying to get him to buy from them. I simply posted a link to a product. That product just happened to be on HTG's site.

Sorry I was mad earlyer i had a THC deficiency LOL.

No problem i just had bad luck with them, with some help from some one here I found a place that i go into now instead of waiting for a month to get my stuff.

When linking to a product for reference, please link to one of the sponsors who support 420magazine.com instead of one of their competitors.

You've got to be kidding me. I tried to show the guy a product. i never tried to persuade him to buy there.

So much for helping someone out.

I did not mean to offend. My thinking was that live clickable links such as that one do tend to generate sales - although I realize that you were not pushing that particular retailer and your post seemed "retailer-neutral" (lol).

And without furthering the discussion about the relative merits and shortcomings of that or any particular retailer... I would think that they have had the opportunity to become a sponsor here and they don't appear to have done so. Others have and it is thanks to them that I can come here and pester folks instead of having to stick to discussions with the people that I personally know or <YUCK!> have to visit a different web site.

So I guess I do have some appreciation for those sponsors.:ganjamon:

And I wouldn't have posted if it had been a product that they invented, or that was exclusive to them. But T5 panels are common enough that I knew at least one (and likely several) sponsors had them.

Again, no offense intended 420fied. I'm sure the help was appreciated!

The link was fine

All I needed to know.

and thanks for helping out 420fied. Members helping members = appreciated

Always!

No offense taken tortoured soul and I'm sorry if my post was out of line. Going forward I'll be sure and use the sponsored links as it is only fair and they DO deserve that.

I simply hadnt thought much about it when I made the post but I do have to agree with you that if there's a link it should be to a sponsors page who sells the same product.

No hard feelings on my end at all and you have my apologies as well.

Jeezzz, u know I've had some excellent results with a 600 HPS no glass in reflector, 2.5 ft over plants w, important, nice size ossilating fan sweeping hot air from top of plants. With house temp comfortable.central h/ac room stays @ 83 to 85 w/ door closed it's great for 6 to 9 3.5 to 4 footers oh and I picked light up used for a song!

Back
Top Bottom