Need Advice 1000w Tent Grow Yield 1 Lb

Footclan

Hey all this is my first post here and was hoping to get some feedback.....Im starting a new grow with an aircooled 1000w hps set up with a 4x4 Grow tent.....Im wondering how difficault it would be to grow 1lb of dry buds?? I figured i would cool my light with one 8" inline fan sucking air from outside tent > duct> hood> duct> fan> outside tent.... and then i figured id need an exhaust fan and that would go inside tent >carbon filter>fan>outside tent and last i would have another inline fan at bottom intaking fresh air into tent......thats 3 inline fans and one 1000w light........with this set up what are my chances of yielding 1lb??? i figured i can fit 3 rows of 3 gallon pots thats 9 plants?? is it even possible to yield a pound with 9 plants in 3 gallon pots with a soilless sunshine mix#4??

anyone have a similar set up and have yeilded at least one pound?? also is this the best and most effecient way to cool my tent and light?? i heard u want more CFM for intake rather than exhaust becaue u want possitive pressure not negative pressure is this also correct???????

Hey all this is my first post here and was hoping to get some feedback.....Im starting a new grow with an aircooled 1000w hps set up with a 4x4 Grow tent.....Im wondering how difficault it would be to grow 1lb of dry buds?? I figured i would cool my light with one 8" inline fan sucking air from outside tent > duct> hood> duct> fan> outside tent.... and then i figured id need an exhaust fan and that would go inside tent >carbon filter>fan>outside tent and last i would have another inline fan at bottom intaking fresh air into tent......thats 3 inline fans and one 1000w light........with this set up what are my chances of yielding 1lb??? i figured i can fit 3 rows of 3 gallon pots thats 9 plants?? is it even possible to yield a pound with 9 plants in 3 gallon pots with a soilless sunshine mix#4??

anyone have a similar set up and have yeilded at least one pound?? also is this the best and most effecient way to cool my tent and light?? i heard u want more CFM for intake rather than exhaust becaue u want possitive pressure not negative pressure is this also correct???????

hey footclan, merry xmas :xmas:, it is possible to yield 1 lb in a 4x4 tent. But there are a lot of things that affect yield, one major one being genetics. Even a 10x10 room wont guarentee a pound if grown negligently or carelessly. Or you could end up with the pound but the quality is lacking. Just giving ya a heads up ;) But umm, to answer you question better, yes it is definitly possible to attain 1 lb with 9 plants under a 1k. Just get a good yielding strain like Super Nova or something. 9 healthy plants if all goes well could get you closer to 2 pounds. You keep your ladies healthy and they will thank you :).

Positive pressure? who told ya that? you want to create a negative pressure. As a matter of fact, you don't need 3 fans. To save on electricity and noise just get 2. The third really isnt necessary. One fan cools your hood inline, another exhausts air from the tent, and intake will be passive.

dro :xmas:

ok so negative pressure would be more air moving OUT then is being sucked in right?? why is that better?? and what size fans would you recommend?? i was thinking 8" to cool hood and 6 for carbon filter and exhaust??

Hey foot welcome aboard. I think 1 8 inch fan will do it all. Connect the fan via 8 inch duct to your reflector, keep the glass in place. Install 1 small 8 inch carbon filter (K&N style) to the light intake and open a point in your tent below your plants and your in! you can install a pre filter if you like on the intake side of the tent. You will need to make sure you have a grip on light leaks when the lights are off. you will be moving a lot of air and as long as outside temps are not to high you should be golden. Good luck with your grow and keep us in the loop :) :popcorn:

hey thanks for the reply..... so your saying use the air in the tent to cool the room by sucking it first through filter then hood? example. filter>hood>duct>fan>outside? will that keep the room as cool as this example. outside>duct>hood>duct>fan>outside. then having a seperate inline for tent exhaust?? again i like your idea even better becasue its cheaper and even quieter im just worried about that 1000w light in 4x4 tent gettin HOT!

9 plants in a 4x4 tent will be packed once you go 12/12. I currently have 10 in a 4x8 tent and could use more space. My advice would be fewer plants in bigger pots.

How long do you veg for? Surely 9 plants should be sufficient if growing with a SOG... 9 dwarf plants should give the same outcome as 5 larger ones? My last grow room was almost identicle to this one <2m(H) x 1.2(W) x 1.2(D)> :peace:

How long do you veg for? Surely 9 plants should be sufficient if growing with a SOG... 9 dwarf plants should give the same outcome as 5 larger ones? My last grow room was almost identicle to this one <2m(H) x 1.2(W) x 1.2(D)> :peace:

I planned to veg for 6 weeks and ended up going 12/12 at 32 days. Currently my biggest plants are pushing 5ft tall. Had to LST/Super Crop just to keep them off the lights.

I planned to veg for 6 weeks and ended up going 12/12 at 32 days. Currently my biggest plants are pushing 5ft tall. Had to LST/Super Crop just to keep them off the lights.

pmsl.... IS there a reason you grow them so large? considering its a relatively small room you use? have you ever tried vegging for shorter with more plants?

In my room <2m(H) x 1.2(W) x 1.2(D)> i take cuttings from mother plant. then pregrow for 1 week before switching to 12/12, my last grow had 9 plants under a thousand watter and still ended up tall. but not so tall as to block out the undergrowth.... its kinda counter productive to grow larger, and more time consuming and not very cost effective. What's you experiences bin like?

pmsl.... IS there a reason you grow them so large? considering its a relatively small room you use? have you ever tried vegging for shorter with more plants?

In my room <2m(H) x 1.2(W) x 1.2(D)> i take cuttings from mother plant. then pregrow for 1 week before switching to 12/12, my last grow had 9 plants under a thousand watter and still ended up tall. but not so tall as to block out the undergrowth.... its kinda counter productive to grow larger, and more time consuming and not very cost effective. What's you experiences bin like?

this is the ex zact information i was looking for, pj do you use the sog method with screens to grow thru? or do you just veg for 1 week and then slam the lights & let'em go if so whats your yield like?

this is the ex zact information i was looking for, pj do you use the sog method with screens to grow thru? or do you just veg for 1 week and then slam the lights & let'em go if so whats your yield like?

I dont use any screens when growing see of green, because a SOG uses more smaller plants as opposed to fewer larger plants, the dry weight in bud after the whole grow would be the same, but because dwarf plants have a smaller profile it means the plants in general get much more light penetration. hense the same dry weight from smaller plants. more plants has other benefits, for example, if anything goes wrong with any plants..budrot... haemaphrodite etc...you can single out the problamatic plant and remove saving more crop. With fewer larger plants, if anything went wrong with a plant and you had to remove...youve just wiped out a fifth of your crop.

In simple terms, no i dont use any screens or anything else. Yes i do veg for one week then switch them to 12/12. Because i also built a much smaller mother and cloning closet/cupboard/room I have anything up to a pound of bud every 8-9 weeks.

9 plants in a 4x4 tent will be packed once you go 12/12. I currently have 10 in a 4x8 tent and could use more space. My advice would be fewer plants in bigger pots.
4 ten gallon pots with a good long veg time(6 weeks),good nute schedule,and U should get 1lb at least, maybe 2.:thumb:i run AC into my 4x4 coupled with a 6 inch AC reflector(452 CFM),in tent air scubber with a humidifier.they R loving it!!!:good job:

hey thanks for the reply..... so your saying use the air in the tent to cool the room by sucking it first through filter then hood? example. filter>hood>duct>fan>outside? will that keep the room as cool as this example. outside>duct>hood>duct>fan>outside. then having a seperate inline for tent exhaust?? again i like your idea even better becasue its cheaper and even quieter im just worried about that 1000w light in 4x4 tent gettin HOT!
i'm runnin a 452 cfm 6" vortex and the temp. is just right!teach your plants for LST, as added height will help in the long run.LST also increases yields and bud size!

1000 watts is too much light for that tent and you are just asking for problems.

600 watt would be much better.
600 watt in a 16 square foot growing space gives you 37 watts a square foot which is weak in making those big heavy buds!1000 watt gives you 62 watts a square foot which makes for DONKEY BUDS!i run a 6 inch AC hood with a 452 cfm vortex and my hottest temp is 79 deg.'s at around 50% humidity.plants are loving it!i do have a humidifier and an air scrubber inside tent which just leaves me enough room for 4 7 gal. pots which i do at least a lb. of dried sticky icky bud.

if you hook 1 inline fan to one side of your light and duct it out but leave the otherside of the light open in tent it will cool light and do air exchange all you need is 1 inline fan per 4x4 tent .

I disagree my friend has a 4x4 growtent and a 1000 watt hps a 6 inch inline fan a 4x4 ebb and flo table 40 gallon res. 2 4 foot t5s on each side and an eco osolating fan a bottle of co2 and 12 ak48 girls and he usually yields about 24 to 28 oz of dried supersticky hydro there is an ac not in tent but in room and a dehumidifier temp is 78 to 80 humidity is 45 to 50 he veg from seed for 4 weeks and tops them after 3 weeks then starts 12 12 becuz he uses that table he has to do short strands but everybody loves ak.

Back
Top Bottom