Does Medical Marijuana help in treating health problems?

I'm no expert on the subject, but I have personal experience with treating my mental health issues and chronic pain. I worked as a contractor for years and by the end of the day I hurt all over when I was younger I'd just pop 4 Ibuprofen and felt better. As I got older I was taking 12 to 16 Ibuprofen a day. I knew this was a problem I was going to do some kind of damage to my body, so I started smoking more cannabis and taking less Ibuprofen. The cannabis did relieve my pain maybe not as effectively as the Ibuprofen, but it made it bearable and I could sleep at night. I've recently been diagnosed with late onset epilepsy and limbic encephalitis the antiseizure medication I take has horrible side effects. anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts. My Dr has no solution for these effects except to give more drugs with different side effects. But a CBD gummie and a quarter of a joint and my anxiety is gone the crazy thoughts are gone my depression is gone. But like I said ... I'm just joe average who knows nothing, who's probably just looking for a way of justifying my cannabis use. It works for me, and that's all that matters

I think Marijuana is used as recreational way , but I heard that Marijuana is used for treating health problem . Is this right ?
Yes, it is right. In the US the study of medical Marijuana is just beginning. For almost 100 years the federal goverment has stalled any research on Cannabis from growing to recreational or medical uses.

I am not sure when it started, probably 20 to 25 years ago, but Israel has been one of the leading countries in research on Cannabis. They are leading in studying the cultivation and growing of the plant to the uses in industry and to the medical uses. They were one of the first countries to say that the use of Marijuana does appear to reduce pain.

About as far as the US govt has gotten is accepting that certain levels of the active ingredients found in Cannabis might be useful. In June of 2018 the Food and Drug Administration allowed the use of a cannabidiol & CBD oral solution for the treatment of seizures associated with two epilepsy syndromes.

I'm no expert on the subject, but I have personal experience with treating my mental health issues and chronic pain. I worked as a contractor for years and by the end of the day I hurt all over when I was younger I'd just pop 4 Ibuprofen and felt better. As I got older I was taking 12 to 16 Ibuprofen a day. I knew this was a problem I was going to do some kind of damage to my body, so I started smoking more cannabis and taking less Ibuprofen. The cannabis did relieve my pain maybe not as effectively as the Ibuprofen, but it made it bearable and I could sleep at night. I've recently been diagnosed with late onset epilepsy and limbic encephalitis the antiseizure medication I take has horrible side effects. anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts. My Dr has no solution for these effects except to give more drugs with different side effects. But a CBD gummie and a quarter of a joint and my anxiety is gone the crazy thoughts are gone my depression is gone. But like I said ... I'm just joe average who knows nothing, who's probably just looking for a way of justifying my cannabis use. It works for me, and that's all that matters
Okay ! Did you take this legally , Under Doctor Prescription ?

My Medical Marijuana DR told me that because I take statin drugs I can't use CBD at all. According to her "the latest studies show that they can have an adverse reaction in your liver" and I should not use cannabis for daily aches and pains because I would just develop a tolerance for it and just need to take more and more after time. her prescription for me was 1/4 of a gram shortly before bedtime. i ignored her recommendations. In Massachusetts our fees and taxes one pays at a recreational dispensary is very high. Now I have no proof, but from people that I have talked with the thinking is a lot of people are applying for a license just to avoid the taxes and fees so the MM doctors are trying to discourage as many as they can. I've asked many people and searched the interwebs and find no credible sources of studies on bad interactions in the liver with lipitor use and CBD use at the same time. I have legitimate medical issues, I've been diagnosed with late onset epilepsy. My Neurologist who is one of the top doctors studying this type of epilepsy has told me they have no explanation no cause as to why at 64 years old I suddenly have epilepsy, 6 months of testing and no curable cause... all he can do is prescribe antiseizure meds. I've told him of the side effects from the meds, he has no objections to my cannabis use he has compassion for my situation. My Mass Medical Marijuana doctor had no compassion for my situation and looked at me as a dead beat who just wants to get his weed cheap

My Medical Marijuana DR told me that because I take statin drugs I can't use CBD at all.

CBD is metabolized via the CYP3A4 enzyme, and approximately 60% of clinically prescribed medications are also metabolized through CYP3A4.

CBD may increase serum concentrations of cyclosporine, sildenafil, antihistamines, haloperidol, antiretrovirals, and some statins (atorvastatin and simvastatin but not pravastatin or rosuvastatin)

Interaction of these drugs with CYP3A4 leads to slower CBD degradation and can consequently lead to higher CBD levels that are pharmaceutically active for long periods of time.

------------------

Ask your medical doctor to take you off statins and put you on Fenofibrate. This works for me. YMMV.

They won't like that idea. The revenue stream is smaller. But remember that YOU are in charge of your healthcare IF you want to be. I'd try it for six months. Then return to statins if necessary.

Without Fenofibrate, my blood fat numbers would be too high. Even with a healthy weight and diet.

My Dr tried putting me on a statin many years ago.
I stupidly tried it but stopped after about 3 weeks, I started getting muscle aches.
Statins are more dangerous than the pharmaceutical companies claim they are. Just like all the other poison they peddle

I went vegan and started taking grape seed extract and high absorption curcumin instead.
Much better option for overall health.

And I get daily exercise using a VR headset

Back
Top Bottom