Does soap damage trichomes?

CobraKai

I found some visitors in my flowering closet a couple of days ago...spider mites! I noticed tiny white spots on some leaves and a tiny bit of web. Took a couple of leaves to look at under my 60x and saw the nasty buggers.

This closet is a scrog, 9 weeks into flower (couple weeks left I think). Had 3 plants in there, one was already harvested (my early-finishing, trichome covered keeper!). Upon seeing the mites, I mixed up a soap/water solution and sprayed down the plants 100%. Tops of leaves, under leaves, buds...everything. I let it sit for 30 minutes and rinsed with water. Yesterday I repeated this process.

All mites seem dead from the leaves I took to view. I plan on giving them today and tomorrow to rest, then hitting with soap the following day, and then one more application a couple/few days after that to hopefully take care of all late hatchers. I won't be spraying the buds so much these next couple of go's, mostly just the leaves.

I've noticed a little bit of leaf damage from my soaping, but nothing that I'm worried about. Plants still seem quite healthy. I'm also not worried about the harvest from these two girls. My main concern was getting rid of the mites and keeping them from spreading to my other closets.

Of course, I still plan on harvesting these plants in a couple of weeks and am curious about the effects of having a mild soap solution on them. I will dunk the buds in water before drying to make sure they don't taste like soap. Do you think that the soapy water severely damaged the trichs?

not as such, more so in your case...rough handling does, rather then bath your pest better to remove or kill, look to neem oil and leave the soap to easy bugs like aphids

plants will absorb soap thru their stomata, most soap are low in Ph ...avoid for this reason

Back
Top Bottom