Days from harvest, have mites

misspiggy412

Oh f__k. So close to harvest just gave a clone away..they called..I have mites..on my clones and my crop!! I treated my clones w diametcous earth on dirt surface and sprayed all sides of leaves w soap an water. Sooo what about the girls that are ready to harvest...there are mites. Please tell me the whole crop isn't a wash...what to do HELP PLEASE

I'm days away... they have a wash that you can use up till before a day of harvest..
But I have no interest in soaking these buds wet....

Most important thing is making sure they are GONE before your next grow. Also, consider the possibility that the mites were already at their grow site, and didn’t come from your plants. Have you seen an infestation in your flowers? It would be totally obvious if you are near harvest.

Yes they are in my plants. Very few in flower plants see no webs anywhere...considering harvest..I have.milky no amber..can.i spare days or can I even smoke it..I know the mites will die or leave...but yes on clean up.n spray before nxt grow. I'm going to try treat n save clones... then harvest then sanitize and inspect before going in flower tent???? Or total l do over??

Apparently have red mites..few in flowers g plants close to harvest..at 65 days. The clones have them too..treated top of dirt w dimacutaneoys earth and sprayed top n bottoms of leaf's w soap n water...??? I will clean inspect after harvest?? So bud wash. ?? Or just trim all leaf n dry....n cure n smoke. ??? Or ditch all ???

This close to harvest use a dilution of 3% hydrogen peroxide to spray on the plants, no neem.
Thats right too close to harvest good catch Phantom thx,.. lol guess my head is on my seeds today! :)

Spray on buds too?? Would if I harvested in nxt few days..what about bud washing after harvest.....I just took a leaf I sprayed w fish soap n water..looked under loop bug dead wht soap around...so I rinsed...all gone...should I just fo that after harvest..I'm days away would you still mist w peroxide? I know I'm repeating questions...but oh crap

I had sprayed all clones earlier w fish soap n water. N put dimacutaneoys earth on dirt...just dusted all outdoor plants could have very well cross contaminated from veg. Garden.outdoors

I know the feeling. I've been finding myself back to searching breeders again, looking for oddities and such to grow. Anything that has color catches my eye, or sweet and citrus terpene profiles. I do like a good skunk or cat piss as well. Fruity Juice/Juicy Fruit is one that has alluded me or my wallet now for sometime. I had bought a quarter bag of it for a concert over a decade ago and it was just like chewing the gum, since then I've always wanted to grow it.

Thanks on those suggestions thinking of ordering seeds and starting completely fresh and sanitized.. but I really think I can handle these clones they not that big yet..if I keepspeaying n inspecting???

No problem, happy harvests and good luck on the mite battle.

On last thing, after your grow is done, disinfect anything and everything for mites. They are, from what I gather, very hard to completely rid yourself of. I would be vigilant for them from now on and maybe be proactive with some predators in future grows. Besides neem during vegetative growth, you can also increase humidity to get those mites so "swole" that they explode. Again, recommended for veg only because you could give yourself bud rot doing it during flower.

Back
Top Bottom