Don't Skimp On Ya Lights

Does anyone know if on bar lights the diodes are directional? If the fixture is tilted to adjust for height variations, will the light disperse the same? Here is an example Thanks.

P1010421.JPG
Yes, leds in general are directional. Midpowers with no lens included. The primary lens on 1+3 waters can be whatever they want now w/o a secondary optics loss. Mid-Powers are direction as well. To many clustered together creates a laser feel effect the plants don't like. This is one reason why the pitch between your diodes (density) & their output is very important to design right or add a diffuser if too clustered . Or of course you could raise the lamp 4' if HO, HE Non-Diffussed. Like a QB.
Light enters the plant best on an angle. My bar lights separate in either the middle or in sets of two to be Modular. If I had one plant I'd split my 6 Bar light in two & use a 3 Bar slightly slanted @ 18" away (if 660w HE) On either side for a diffusion effect which illuminates the intra-canopy better then just from above. Yours does not appear to detach but it could fold a Lil over the top.?
On the other hand if you back up your barlight to 2' from the top, you'll get great intra-canopy Illumination as well.

Back
Top Bottom