Don't Skimp On Ya Lights

Clinto

See lot of people out there wondering why with their shit Chinese lights. DO NOT BUY THIS SHIT. You will never grow what you could of with GOOD lights. Please everyone. Don’t buy cheap shit. You will grow cheap shit. That’s all for now. Next rant might be climate control. Give everyone time to get a light. GROW STRONG. like the tent says.

May i add that every diode and led comes from china.
And most of the best selling lights now also come from china.
A better way of putting it is dont buy cheap.
AND when i started growing a cheap chinese light did the job to get me started.
As said not everyone has a budget to get the best light for there space first time out.
Myself i wanted to try first see if i liked growing hence not splashing out on the best light.
;)

I always learned to compare specs, and inform myself a bit about them, before deciding what to buy.
That way, you dont need the masses to guide you to good deals, but you can spot them yourself.

That a light is cheap, does not always mean its of inferior quality. Just that it was made (ahum assembled) in the USA, doesnt mean its of superior quality. Made in Germany used to mean something. Then people started taking advantage of that assumption, and its now mostly eroded. Being able to verify the quality without having to assume, seems more practical.

You can compensate for cheap quality by placing multiple and spreading them better or by buying a size larger than you require to compensate for output. Thats often still cheaper than the expensive ones in getting them, tho they will run less efficient. Electricity is spread over months tho, not an upfront cost. So if you are just starting, it might even make sense to use bog standard consumer CFL's on a PVC rig you cobbled together yourself ;)

Sometimes a shit light is all someone has to work with. It's good advice to say get the best light you can afford, but seriously, it doesn't have to be a professional Sun-class light to get smokable buds.
Remember when all some people could find locally or afford were the curly-Q type of florescent light bulb. Some of them were able to grow a decent sized plant with what we could call an acceptable amount of dried buds at the end and all they had for lighting was 2 or 3 of those bulbs.

Most of them used the bulbs out of necessity but there were plenty of indoor gardeners did it to prove it could be done. Or, just to see what happened.

I always learned to compare specs, and inform myself a bit about them, before deciding what to buy.
That way, you dont need the masses to guide you to good deals, but you can spot them yourself.

That a light is cheap, does not always mean its of inferior quality. Just that it was made (ahum assembled) in the USA, doesnt mean its of superior quality.

this is far more important. it's best to know why a light is good. a larger price tag is not always the best approach to buying a rig.

Remember when all some people could find locally or afford were the curly-Q type of florescent light bulb. Some of them were able to grow a decent sized plant with what we could call an acceptable amount of dried buds at the end and all they had for lighting was 2 or 3 of those bulbs.

Most of them used the bulbs out of necessity but there were plenty of indoor gardeners did it to prove it could be done. Or, just to see what happened.
if you dig through my member uploaded pictures, I started under such CFL's .. imported from China as they had true 125W ones ^^

All true but not everyone can have a brand new Mercedes as their first car either. Not everyone is sure how far they're ready to commit when just starting out and giving it a try.
I started with some bag seed under a reading lamp and some CFLs, then upgraded to a T-5 that I didn't realize was way underpowered at the time then to some cheap blurple LEDs that almost burned my house down (seized fans, arcing wires, etc), then a 315 CMH that right rocked but got real hot, then ventured into some HLG LEDs that have been my favorite so far!

found a nice pic of how ghetto I had to start due to lack of funds :p
it did its job, till I messed up nutrients and burned them to a crisp with them..

Your all scrubs because you don't have this light!!!!
IMG_20220102_192154.jpg

If ya not using a FC8000 then you might as well just quit growing, throw your plants out and become a nomad roaming the lands trying to find meaning in a crazy world.

Or ya can just grow weed with whatever you can afford.... The main thing is to manage expectations. You probably won't pull 5oz of a plant growing under a 100 watt blurple... But you'll grow some weed.

Mars is the best for the bucks you can’t get better using them !! I have the fc3000 fc6500 sp150 ts3000 all killer lights !!!! Hands down !!!

Another back in the day pic of my first grow. That's a T8 fluorescent fixture with a bunch of cfls. I just kept adding CFLs until it became a fire-hazard. Then I bought an HPS.

CFLS.JPG

The first plant I ever grew ... prolly a half century ago, was under a stolen street lamp.
LoL
I was 16 or so.

i've grown under one of those lol

May i add that every diode and led comes from china.
And most of the best selling lights now also come from china.
A better way of putting it is dont buy cheap.
AND when i started growing a cheap chinese light did the job to get me started.
As said not everyone has a budget to get the best light for there space first time out.
Myself i wanted to try first see if i liked growing hence not splashing out on the best light.
;)
Mine came from china lol. wasnt the cheapest light but no where near the most expensive either.

I love how this whole thread has evolved in to a testimony to all of our honest and humble beginnings.
Screenshot_20220102-155927~2.png

"You don't have to be the best to start, but you NEED to start to be the best".
Man I had one too don’t feel bad gues we thought we was growing lizards an snakes lol

CFL for me then hps.
Then a few years break and onto the leds made in china 80 watt and 100 watt.
Thinking i would get the results my 400 watt hps give me.
No chance back then EVEN if i bought the best thing going.
Hole new world now.
I even fell into the trap of buying X2 P300s cant say there full name its banned.
claiming USA made means better great lights just Chinese models same parts proven.
At half the price or close to why becuase one was assembled in china one the USA.
;)

Back
Top Bottom