Doom, Desparing Agoney On Me....

MisterPeabody

Deep heart depression
Excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck
I'd have no luck at all...:yikes:

Hmmm. Even the He-Ha song doesn't :helpsmilie:

So I'm asking the experts. What is the ratio (on average, providing above acceptable conditions exist) is the ratio of male to female? I would have thought at least 50-50, however, as far as my "great" genetics, males seem to outweigh females by more than happenstance. This grow, out of Bubblegum, BigBud, White Widow and a Northern lights, only the Northern Lights made the cut for the cheer squad, the rest were boys. The last grow was BigBud, Bubblegum, Mazar and White Widow. The Mazar and White Widow were the only ones to make the cut. I really wanted to try BigBud so about a month ago I attempted once again, yet just tonight it appears I have another boy. If I EVER get a female BB, I'll clone the crap out of her. As big as the seeds are, I'd bet it would be a pretty female. OK. Enough pissing and moaning. Time to fire one up and cry myself to sleep...:bong:

Deep heart depression

So I'm asking the experts. What is the ratio (on average, providing above acceptable conditions exist) is the ratio of male to female? I would have thought at least 50-50, however, as far as my "great" genetics, males seem to outweigh females by more than happenstance.

Define: "Above acceptable conditions"

About 2.5 months ago - I helped set a buddy of mine up with a grow. He is starting with 2gal grow bags and seeds.

He had 2 kinds of bag seeds, plus some Mandala Hash Berry and Satori that I turned him onto.

a little over 3 weeks ago, we put 12 unknown bag seed plants into flower... out of the 12 plants 3 were males and pulled.

9 days ago we put 12 into flower 6 Hash berry and 6 Satori... out of the 12 plants 4 were males 3hb and 1 satori - they were pulled....

This coming weekend we will be putting 12 more 6hb and 6 satori into flower.... and we will continue every 2 weeks.

In any case... The sex of a marijuana plant can be influenced....

We started the seeds in rock-wool cubes with a humidity dome... as soon as they all popped we transplanted directly into 2 gal grow bags with a promix/perlite mixture.

We keep the humidity of the veg area at 70%. Higher humidity helps produce females.....

We started a feed program with a nute str about 100ppm 3 weeks or so into it and slowly increased the ppms... the Nute solution has a nigher nitrogen content... Higher nitrogen helps produce females.

We don't let the grow-bag soiless mix dry out at all... moist soil helps produce females.

We also have a lower veg room temp of only 65 to 68 degrees MAX... lower temps help increase females....

We started Seedlings and Vegging under a Blue T5 and 400 MH for 14 hours a day - shorter days influence female sex.

Its important to note that these conditions are especially important once Vegetative growth starts... and even more important after the 2nd week of veg growth thru to the 5th week... and should be maintained until the sex of the plants are determined....

We will continue this until all plants have been sexed... after we are certain all males have been culled - we will change to a 24/0 veg cycle for Mothers, clones and vegging and will bring the humidity down to 40% as well as increase room temp to 70-75.

We are considering keeping a male and implementing a controlled pollination of some lower branches for seed production.

Back
Top Bottom