Drip system for seedlings duration and frequency

Jhuck

Hey gets , just got a drip system setup, and idea how long how often I should set it to dispense for seedlings?

A 50/50 mix of Roots Organic original formula ( heard I needed to weaken it some for seedlings, roots organic does have a seedling specific formula, the original formula I ordered doesn't make that claim though. Since then I have had someone say that those people burned them on their own or used them as an excuse for why their plant died, and I would have been fine using it straight up, and when the next two crack, I should put them in straight up , still be decided on that , will research) and just some old all natural planter box soil.

Ok cool, I imagine this can be done with drip watering but strongly suspect you will run into problems, seedlings don’t need a lot of water in the first place for most soil types. In soil they need to see the wet dry cycle, the real problem is lack of oxygen to the roots. A constantly wet soil restricts oxygen and can lead to damping off. A seedling needs water but then it needs for soil to dry out, when soil goes totally dry - the roots send out tiny root hairs to search for water, this is a good thing since it builds root networks.. If you were in LOS then you could water more frequently but doesn’t apply here. Auto watering doesn’t do that great in veg, its more useful in flower. Rather than a timer program you will benefit from learning to read the seedlings yourself, learning how to hand water, how much to give, how long to wait before adding more. Spray misting bare stemmed clones is one thing and it works well but there is plenty of oxygen present since there is no grow media in spray mist cloner.

Back
Top Bottom