Droopage

sandman4090

My ladies are about 3 weeks old and are lookin nice. They are being grown in MG soil (i know, i know), and everything is great except the fan leaves seem to be droopin a bit. I mean it's not that bad I was just wonderin if it is normal for a little drooping or is there another problem. Thanks.

Alright I am gonna water it like every other day, but if i stick my finger in the soil and feel any moisture should I wait longer? Also the edges of my plants leaves are curling upward. thanks

Canoe leaves are a MG deficiency, My plants had a MG deficiency also i used the foliar methed it worked like a charm

Magnesium
Magnesium is a component of the chlorophyll molecule and serves as a cofactor in most enzymes.

Magnesium (Mg) deficiency.

Magnesium deficiency will exhibit a yellowing (which may turn brown) and interveinal chlorosis beginning in the older leaves. The older leaves will be the first to develop interveinal chlorosis. Starting at leaf margin or tip and progressing inward between the veins.

This can be quickly resolved by watering with 1 tablespoon Epsom salts/gallon of water. Until you can correct nutrient lockout, try foliar feeding. That way the plants get all the nitrogen and Mg they need. The plants can be foliar feed at ½ teaspoon/quart of Epsom salts (first powdered and dissolved in some hot water). When mixing up soil, use 2 teaspoon dolomite lime per gallon of soil.

If the starting water is above 200 ppm, that is pretty hard water, that will lock out mg with all of the calcium in the water. Either add a 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of epsom salts or lime (both will effectively reduce the lockout or invest into a reverse osmosis water filter.

Mg can get locked-up by too much Ca, Cl or ammonium nitrogen. Don't overdo Mg or you'll lock up other nutrients.

what are epsom salts? snow melters? morton salt? ionidized?

what can i use to treat MG deficient-thingys... i have yellowing older leaves starting outwards....

Almost all modern nutrients have plenty of all elements needed to grow with. 90% of the time when someone says they are deficient in a element it's almost always not from a lack of the element. It's usually due to a symptom that is locking out that element. Lot's of things can lock out elelments. From temperature to ph issues to stress even.
If a plant is deficient in MG or phos or even nitrogen, it's best to figure out why and fix it before you throw mg, phos or nitrogen at it and hope it works. Otherwise you run the risk of having a huge excess of certain elements in your medium. Just my opinion.

PS. highlifeisdalif, to simply answer your question...,epsom salts will increase MG. It can be bought in the pharmacy section of your local grocery store or pharmacy. The smaller the container the better as it's not something you use everyday. I bought a half gallon size. It came in a actual waxed cardboard half gallon container just like milk does. I've used maybe a 4 tablespoons worth in the 5 years I've owned it. If that even.

thanks.
i was confused. but now i am aware.
my plants, i have 3 plants growing in one pot, i recently checked the roots and they looked like they were not spreading nicely, all really close to the top, also, i had only like 1/2 the container with soil so i fixed that.... my plants are drooping and one of the best ones has fingers drooping and bending downwards

I bought a half gallon size. It came in a actual waxed cardboard half gallon container just like milk does. I've used maybe a 4 tablespoons worth in the 5 years I've owned it. If that even.
Tip of the day...put it in a large container, fill it with warm water and soak your feet in it. Supposed to be good for the soul...er...sole. :cheesygrinsmiley:

i waterd it today after 2 days of not, and about 20 mins later all lookd 200x better.

Tip of the day...put it in a large container, fill it with warm water and soak your feet in it. Supposed to be good for the soul...er...sole. :cheesygrinsmiley:

lol one tablespoon went to the plants. 2 went for soaking my feet and 1 went for soaking a ingrown fingernail. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's a additive that most nutrients contain plenty of. Like I said...most deficiencies are from lock out or other probs, not a missing element.

Back
Top Bottom