Dry Brittle Leaves

matabrancos

So i have noticed a while back that the surface of the leaves in one of my plants are very dry and brittle looking , and some of the small leaves that grow inside the buds located at the base of my plant are even drying too , seeing the buds partially drying allerted me to the fact that this could possibly kill my plant if i didnt do anything.

This one plant had always had very unhappy looking leaves that curl towards the plant instead of sticking out the plant . but i never took it at something serious because i started giving it nutes ( Peruvian Guano ) and new leaves started popping up on top so i thought that it would go away with time.

So what do you guys think could possibly be wrong with my plant ? It grows on natural sunlight , i water it every 3 days and give it nutes once a week because i know that the ones i use could kill the plant as they are very potent, and i cant be certain right now as it is night time but i dont think i have a spidermite problem.

Thanks in advance :thanks:

20150530_233240.jpg
20150530_233145.jpg
20150530_233222.jpg
20150530_233126.jpg
20150530_233209.jpg
20150530_232906.jpg

Hi there matabroncos
Looking at your pictures I worry of mold or powdery mildew because of the white looking stuff and dieing leaves and bud.
I also noticed the new growth showing other possible problems for as far as your lower buds look in flower to be even if there wasnt this leaf problem
I grow in a closet and have had spidermites before,for them to do that much damage you would see them with a naked eye along with webbing too.
Im sorry for these bad thoughts and I hope Im wrong:Namaste:

Its not white stuff its like peeling. I dont think it could be either of those things because my other plant which is right next to it seems to be unaffected by any kind of fungus.i know that by the time you notice powdery mildew its hopeless so i really hope you are wrong.

Have you seen a snake loosing its skin? Its like the leaves are loosing small bits of a transparent layer in the surface so its not a ' white thing'. And when you feel the texture of a leave with your fingers it is coarse kind of like a cats tonge but i dont know this could be normal

Looks like thrips to me too, but the pics aren't clear. Look at the veins of the leafs, and you might see them, they're orange/brown and about a half millimeter long. Eggs are clear and are usually on the underside, they will be stuck to the leaf. Take a look and report back. If it's thrips, get Monteray garden spray with Spinosad - spray once, and you're done. :)

It could be tthose thrip guys because i just found this little buddy( sorry its hard to get high res at this distance) , noticed the color patterns in his back.
20150531_143837.jpg

Even though i only found that one specimen while going trough the leaves i have also found traces of what could be eggs

What Strain is it?
-There is no way i can be sure because the 2 plants i own(both different strains) where given to me when they were already at early stages of flowering, the possible strains are Northern Haze , or Capital+.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
-Sativa
How Many Plants?
-2(once again different strains)

Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
-Flowering

If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
-It has been flowering for around 2 months

Indoor or Outdoor?
-outdoor

Soil or Hydro?
-Soil

If Soil... What is in your Mix?
Other than regular soil i have those white pebbles on the surface of the soil that everyone seems to use.Sorry that i dont know the name . im no expert grower.

Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
-It grows on natural sunlight

Is it Air Cooled?
-I have a small stream of wind crossing the room with my plants at all times

Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
-25 ºc average

RH of Room/Cabinet?
-I have no way of knowing that

PH of Medium or Reservoir?
-I have no way of knowing that

Any Pests?
-Possible thrics

How Often are you Watering?
-Every 3 days

Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
-Peruvian Guano

thats defo thrips mate , a bad case at that you will find larva in there too like the pictures i posted , your well into flower so i hope someone chimes in one what to or what to use , my guess would be soak the whole plant with the pesticide then after a while use plain water to clean it again but keep the humidity as low a possible to save your buds , in the other hand you could give them another couple of weeks and chop them down , they will only eat your leaves but the little feckers slow every thing down , i always spray my plants 3 weeks into 12/12 as the stuff i use last up to 6 weeks so it saves my girls , i like to use seaweed and stuff keep them off

good luck with her

You mean chop them down and proceed to drying ? I think that they are still a little too "green" for harvest , i was going to wait untill late july or maybe beginning of august

Ill try the chilli and garlic , but is there anyway you could try to explain a little more clearly how to prepare it? With quantities for the chilli and garlic if possible.

just use about a litre of water , mash up 2/3 garlic cloves , chopped about half a chilly just to piss them off , boil it let simmer for a little while, let is get completely cold , add a little soap i would go for half tea spoon to be on the safe side , try one or two leaves to make sure she will be ok after a day or 2 , then give them a good soak under the leaves ( thats where they hide their eggs ect ) once they slow up use plain water again ( dont soak buds ) it will kill most , stop them getting worse and gives you a chance to get something off your plant

I will post results in 2 days , i just sprayed int on a couple of leaves like you told me too , except i used 1 clove and 1 chilli, do you think the mixture would be too strong for a littre of water?

Another thing , when im done purging these thrics , is there anything i could use to maybe help the leaves recover?

Back
Top Bottom