Dwc 3x4 scrog bucket decision

Demon42069

Hey everyone, been looking into possibly using a dwc scrog set up in my 3x4 tent. Im guessing that for that size i could use 2-4 of the 5gal buckets.

What i am wondering is if using 2 totes instead might be easier and more productive. Would 2 14gal totes with 10" pots be too big or overkill?

Any thoughts, opinions, or advice is appreciated. :thanks:

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Personally I prefer buckets for a couple reasons. I am currently doing DWC in two different kinds of buckets. I have hydropharm top feed buckets and just regular black airstone 6" net pot buckets. What's crazy is I prefer the airstone buckets ALOT more. Roots seem to get bigger and healthier and just seem more productive. I have a Tupperware multiple site dwc. But I use that for cloning. With my buckets I can add a extra airstone so personally I would go with black 5 gallon buckets 6" net pot clay pebbles. And a nice airstone more O2 healthy roots and easy to maintain. Hope this helps

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

I agree with bignugz and rifle... I started out messing around with different size totes and switched over to 5gal buckets, 1 plant per. Also after doing one scrog i decided it was too much of a pain doing rez changes and now use my scrog frames, without the net, to open up the plant for better penetration. I can get a flat canopy that fills my tent with lst and supercropping. Some folks swear by their totes and scrog nets tho, so all this is just a matter of opinion.

I personally don't like scrog, I find that I can get the same result with topping or fimming and LST. Maybe even better results in less time

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

Back
Top Bottom