Eagle clawing after switching nutes from Dyna-Gro to FF trio

danksalot

So I'm really frikken frustrated right now. I purchased the FF trio off amazon for $50, thinking it would be a marked improvement over dyna-gro but so far its been a nightmare.

First, I fed 2 of my plants the FF trio according to their schedule. Almost immediately, they eagle clawed and I had to flush them. One of them recovered fairly well, while the other is still showing signs of the defect.

So I reduced the nutes to 1/2 strength and fed them to 2 other plants. Now one plant has responded amazingly and has bushed up like a beast. But the other one is now showing signs of eagle clawing.

I know this has to be due to the nutes since temp and PH are same as before (~6.5). The leaves have turned darker as well...N excess

I ALSO added molasses to my nute mix. Could this have caused this?

Any advice? I'm clawing my hair out because I fucked up two of my nicest plants :( :( :(

Isn't FF supposed to be a legit brand?....

Here's my nute mix:
FF trio 1/2 strength
Molasses

What type of medium; soil or hydro? - Soil
What brand and type of soil? - Fox Farm 420 Mix
Indoors or outdoors? - Indoor Closet Grow
What strain? - Affected strains: blue dreamsx2, ak47
How old are the plants? - 3 mo..in early stages of flowing
What type of lights and how many watts? - 1200W LED
How far from the lights? - about 1.5 ft.
What is your watering frequency and source of water? - Every other day, PH balanced tap water
What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? - Fox Farm Trio..first at full strengh then 1/2..neither worked
What are the temps and humidity in the room? - ~73 avg and ~35%
What size pots? - 2 gal.
Any bugs? Look real close. - NOPE!

Legit brand or not, all plants are different and require different amounts of nutrients. If it is clawing, it is N toxicity.. flush them out and start lower strength.. your on the right track, just gotta find how much works for each plant. I have no idea what adding the molasses will do though I am also not a soil grower and not familiar with FF, but I would say its just N toxicity. Water a few days without adding nutes, should clear up. also any changes will take a few days to a week to show up.

Legit brand or not, all plants are different and require different amounts of nutrients. If it is clawing, it is N toxicity.. flush them out and start lower strength.. your on the right track, just gotta find how much works for each plant. I have no idea what adding the molasses will do though I am also not a soil grower and not familiar with FF, but I would say its just N toxicity. Water a few days without adding nutes, should clear up. also any changes will take a few days to a week to show up.

Hey snypr,

Thanks for the response!

From your experience, do most plants (not all obviously!) respond well to the usual nute feeding schedule after feeding them at 1/4-1/2 strength for awhile?

I am under the impression that what the bottle says is usually too hot for cannabis plants. But from your post, it sounds like this stuff is designed for cannabis. I think the idea is to start them off slow and build up to a good feeding, so you don't shock the plant, but if your getting the claw just back off the Nitrogen a bit.. are you feeding with every watering or every 3rd watering?? Like I said, I am not a soil grower, but I think you should only feed every third watering as your soil will store nutrients..

Back
Top Bottom