EcoPlus Air Pump Issue?

cough 80

My tube that connects the pump to the air lines keeps falling off. I'm getting so frustrated, and need some advice. I've tried everything tape,glue,rubber cement, putting the pump on styrofoam, but nothing works.

is it the rubber tube that fits the pump or the brass fitting, if it the rubber tube just go to the home depot and get a new piece of tubing, if its because of the brass barb piece whitch i dought it can be replaced also at thd:goodluck:

My tube that connects the pump to the air lines keeps falling off...I've tried everything ... nothing works.

I had the same problem.
The heat from the pump softened the hose and it would expand and fall off.
A small hose clamp at the pump and one at the manifold fixed it.

Cough_80,

I had the same issue with an ecoplus 3 and even a zip tie wasn't holding the hose tight enough. Let the hose get hot and flexible then shove the hose up and past the barb fitting. You will have the hose on the actual pump housing then you can secure it with a zip tie at the barb and it will not budge or move. If it gets cold then you really wont be removing that hose without a knife ;)

IF and IF your air tubing is the correct size in the first place....... you can try putting a small dab of Vasaline on the male end and then slide the tubing onto it. This works a good deal of the time and also provides the lubricant to be able to slide the tubing off when the time comes. This works great on drippy kitchen faucets too where the seal is no longer sealing as it should.

@cough 80

How long is your hose from the ecoplus pump to the reservoir? I currently have an ecoplus 3 but I am about to replace it but I just want to make sure its not defective.

I have about 7 feet of hose between the pump and water for the simple fact that the pump does generate alot of air but its all HOT air. The vibration I expected from a 35watt air pump but not the amount of heat its generating. I currently attribute 5-9F degrees of the reservoir temp to this air pump.

Back
Top Bottom