Having some trouble with getting parts for irrigation hub

newbiegrow420

Ok I am taking Rosemans advice on the tubes in the Deep Water Culture to start. I found a six outlet irrigation hub with adjusters to regulate flow but the place I got it from didnt have submergable pumps or other supplies I need. I am looking for a good and safe place to get a pump a 1/2 in threaded barbed attachment to connect pump to irrigation hub also tubes for feeding and air stones. But I am having a hard time finding this stuff all together on 1 site. I want to save on shipping by getting all the little things at 1 site not 2 or 3 because shipping gets crazy. One place had the barbed attachment for .94 but shipping was 10.78 see where I'm going with this. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I am close to getting my supplies ready for my first hydro grow. So some site that is reliable and has most of the right componets. Thanks:ganjamon:

I will look into that. I am still piecing everything together and its hard to find a site that has most of what I need. Some have half some have like 1 or 2 things I thought it would be easier to find a 1 stop shop for everthing you need but so far no. Thanks for the info I went around home depot and got a drill pump to drain the rez but I will look over at Lowes soon thanks

I will look into that. I am still piecing everything together and its hard to find a site that has most of what I need. Some have half some have like 1 or 2 things I thought it would be easier to find a 1 stop shop for everthing you need but so far no. Thanks for the info I went around home depot and got a drill pump to drain the rez but I will look over at Lowes soon thanks

Tell me more about the drill pump.....Price? :goodluck:

That drill pump sounds really usefull but anyways you could buy pretty much everything you need at walmart the water pumps can be baught at pet store or lowes/homedepot.

I bought that drill pump at Lowes to drain my tank, used it twice, it was very very slow, it clogged so bad, it quit working and I threw it away. In my OLD tutorial, I mentioned that it was junk and on this new tutorial here, I have not got to that part yet. I highly recommend you take it back.

Both Lowes and Home Depot have the submersive pumps made for water fountains and gold fish ponds. If you want to order everything from one place, tubes, hub, pumps, etc you can get everything from amazon.com, or from stealthhydro.com .
At Stealthhydro.com, use Deep Water Culture as a 10% discount coupon.

I bought that drill pump at Lowes to drain my tank, used it twice, it was very very slow, it clogged so bad, it quit working and I threw it away. In my OLD tutorial, I mentioned that it was junk and on this new tutorial here, I have not got to that part yet. I highly recommend you take it back.

Both Lowes and Home Depot have the submersive pumps made for water fountains and gold fish ponds. If you want to order everything from one place, tubes, hub, pumps, etc you can get everything from amazon.com, or from stealthhydro.com .

Well that sucks that the drill pump is shit I guess for 7 bucks you get what you pay for. I will be checking amazon and the other stores mentioned to piece everything together. I still got a little bit left on my soil grow. I was going to go thru SH but when I google them for discount code I found some bad reviews about them. People were complaining about not getting their order or not getting all of their order. They also said they could not get ahold of anybody thru email or otherwise. I was just about to place an order with them for pump irrigation hub barb etc. And that stopped me from continuing because I didn't want to get screwed so I started looking elsewhere which sucks because they had what I wanted at a decent price

Well that sucks that the drill pump is shit I guess for 7 bucks you get what you pay for. I will be checking amazon and the other stores mentioned to piece everything together. I still got a little bit left on my soil grow. I was going to go thru SH but when I google them for discount code I found some bad reviews about them. People were complaining about not getting their order or not getting all of their order. They also said they could not get ahold of anybody thru email or otherwise. I was just about to place an order with them for pump irrigation hub barb etc. And that stopped me from continuing because I didn't want to get screwed so I started looking elsewhere which sucks because they had what I wanted at a decent price

I've read of others getting extra stuff too. I haven't ordered from them but have heard mix reviews, but I really don't think the Marten guy (owner) wants unsatisfied customers. Give them a shot. Sounds like your having trouble locating everything, so in that case SH is perfect for you. I'd guess that that place has 10 or more of those kits ready to go at any moment and all of the other parts in stock, so give em the benefit of the doubt and try SH.

I've bought from them several times, yes I've had issues, but they always made good on it, just don't be in too much of a hurry!

Last time I ordered from them I got two extra 10 gallon tubs! Must have been a new guy, or they might just be all stoners! You know how that may go. LOL

I've bought two of those drill pumps, I forgot how the first time it finally just died on me, this time I used it twice and it quit. Definitely don't count on one of those for regular use.

when I set up my Deep Water Culture tub and pump I put a tee just above the pump with a garden hose quick connect so that when the roots have finnished reaching the water and its time to turn off the pump I leave the pump to just sit in the tub.and when I want to pump out the tub I just plug a garden hose into the existing quick connect on top of the pump and use the pump that is already in there to pump out the tub .
saves you buying an extra pump just to transfer the water

when I set up my Deep Water Culture tub and pump I put a tee just above the pump with a garden hose quick connect so that when the roots have finnished reaching the water and its time to turn off the pump I leave the pump to just sit in the tub.and when I want to pump out the tub I just plug a garden hose into the existing quick connect on top of the pump and use the pump that is already in there to pump out the tub .
saves you buying an extra pump just to transfer the water

have you got any pics of that?

I dont have any pics yet but I am setting up new tub and I will try to get pictures soon and post them:thumb:

I use a old boat bilge pump with a garden hose and a DC power adapter to pump out my tank with , Just happened to have the stuff laying around , I don't know if it helps anyone out, But it works great and it quick for me .

Back
Top Bottom