Simple drip system

Another note on the CHEAP spray paint, I have since seen several videos where you could tell that was what people used and it was chipping/cracking off the RES later in the grow. I assume it's not adhering to the plastic...dooh! it was CHEAP paint

NOT TO SELF if ever i same situation buy the $4 can of "sticks to everything paint" rather than the "coats surfaces" stuff for $1.49

EDIT...plan ahead, don't build with leaky-light buckets...just the lid on the RESERVOIR of my RDWC system has ANY light leak and it's the place where I see brown algae start

Pat I never checked my ph because I was using ph perfect and had great results but if I was using ph additives in my nutes I'd probably check in the morning and at night to make sure I'm not getting swings and stuff. Maybe someone with more experience would be more help as I've mostly grown with ph perfect. They sell constant ph monitors that sit in the tub but they are very spendy. I use a 30gal container and only put in 10-15 gal. I would only make it a week and then I would have to sterilize my system. Maybe with a light cover I could stretch it to 2 weeks but either way, AN recommends cleaning the rez once a week.

Usemy is definitely right make sure it's totally light proof. I had horrible algae blooms and didn't realize why until recently. I thought no light could come in but I was very wrong. The container needs to be covered in paint or reflective tape or covered very well.

Hey guys I'm planning a clone machine build. I'll take lots of pics and test before I post but I'm using something I haven't really seen anyone use. I think these are a game changer for anyone interested in areoponics or DWC. It's a mister that uses an air pump to push water and spray the root. Looks like it's great for cloning and aeroponics. They also work for brewing teas organic growers. You can also use organic nutes because they don't clog like aero misters.
It's called a Dewey mister. Found these pics online.
Dewey-Mister-2_900x1200.jpg

hqdefault3.jpg

11822751-1517426128547553-4144710932697220909-n.jpg

I got two coming in from the Amazon! Air gets pushed through the bottom. There is a hole in the middle to let in the water and the top sprays and apparently it sprays very well!

I was looking at the Ph and EC monitors in one brother I think they go for about R2600, would be pretty decent having one like that though. Guess you would need to check pH constantly. Just asking because sometimes you leave for 2/3 days amd need to trust your setup is doing what it should be doing

Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

Pat's Small CFL Grow

In that case you would have to run your rez for a week or two to make sure it would work. I can't imagine the swing being too much. Most of the time swings are from recirculation set ups, As the nutes get used up the ph changes. We are doing drain to waste so it may not be as big a deal. I say check ph twice or three times a day until you feel comfortable with how your rez performs. Again I never really bothered with ph due to my nutes so it's really trial and error. You will get a feel for it though and it will be like second nature. You'll start checking less and less.

In that case you would have to run your rez for a week or two to make sure it would work. I can't imagine the swing being too much. Most of the time swings are from recirculation set ups, As the nutes get used up the ph changes. We are doing drain to waste so it may not be as big a deal. I say check ph twice or three times a day until you feel comfortable with how your rez performs. Again I never really bothered with ph due to my nutes so it's really trial and error. You will get a feel for it though and it will be like second nature. You'll start checking less and less.
Shot brother. Well I guess having a res like this and having one for DWC iw completely different since the plant sits in the solution, I would expect pH swings on a daily there but will have to see what the res will do. Guess I need to start purchasing all those things and just test it out. Get the basics of it down. That multi meter is pretty decent, gives temp, pH, EC and a few other readings also. Now I just need the actual money :rofl::rofl:

Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

Pat's Small CFL Grow

My first attempt was a bust. My cheapo pump is inaccurate. I'll try it again soon. I may try some sort of gravity fed system
Thinking of doing the same thing.. do you think theyll be okay with the constant slow watering? Also to keep the feed aerated could use an airstone but I was wondering if this would alter the speed of the water flow? And would the airstone have to be on constant or just for short intervals?

Sent from my NEM-L51 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've ran a continuous on my little 4"container. It worked well when I had to run out for a few days. I used a gallon bottle but recommend something bigger. You will need an airstone to keep your nutes suspended. I used airline to take water to my plants because it was for one plant. You may need bigger tubing then what I used. I used an airhose control valve to make the water come out controlled. I hung it up from the ceiling and had it drip like 1 drop every second. It's a lot of trial and error and watching your plants for proper runoff and not overflow. I recommend a strong root system before you start continuous drip. They sell 2-3 gal buckets with a lid. That would be best. Drill a hole in the bottom put a grommet and a double ended barb and you can connect some tubing. Drill a hole in the top just so the airline can go in and make sure it's light tight. I always run my airstone continuous but I'm sure a few minutes off is fine. Just want to keep nutes suspended.

I'm running a RDWC with drip system. With a little automation, a drip system could be programmed to turn on for a set period on specific days. For soil growers, if you knew your flow rate you could set up an auto feed schedule for when you're gone.

My setup for an elevated RDWC:

RDWCdrip_fw.png

I'm running a RDWC with drip system. With a little automation, a drip system could be programmed to turn on for a set period on specific days. For soil growers, if you knew your flow rate you could set up an auto feed schedule for when you're gone.

My setup for an elevated RDWC:

RDWCdrip_fw.png
Yeahh I was thinking of using a gravity powered drip feed with an airstone in the res prob switched on 15 mins every hour or so, no water pumps to send the water around..?

Johnny, the water pump is in the reservoir. One half inch feed line to the buckets and the 1/4" feed line to the drip system.
The air stones are in the grow buckets. Both water and air pumps run continuously, 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Johnny, the water pump is in the reservoir. One half inch feed line to the buckets and the 1/4" feed line to the drip system.
The air stones are in the grow buckets. Both water and air pumps run continuously, 24/7.

Hello Rider
Thanks for telling me but in the system I was thinking of using it would just be a simple gravity powered drip feed with a res raised higher with an airstone inside to give the feed a mix every so often if that makes sense?

Try using krylon paint, they r actually made for plastics won't chip or crack as bad if at all

Back
Top Bottom