Hello everyone! Stinky air pump?

Hello to all that see! I have a problem with my new Hailea 9730 air pump. I built the microbeman simple airlift Brewer 5gal. This pump made the whole room and my tea smell like rubber/ plastic. Very strong smell! Kinda like old air from a tire. Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do to remedy this? Is it just a new pump smell that will go away after it is broke in? I need to start more tea but don't want to have this happen again. Please help! Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Ok, according to the guys at Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems where I purchased this pump said that the smell should diminish over time. Guess it does need to be broken in a bit to get rid of the smell. I mean damn! No way to tell if the tea has an earthy sweet aroma or not with that horrid smell! Hope this helps someone else!

Hello to all that see! I have a problem with my new Hailea 9730 air pump. I built the microbeman simple airlift Brewer 5gal. This pump made the whole room and my tea smell like rubber/ plastic. Very strong smell! Kinda like old air from a tire. Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do to remedy this? Is it just a new pump smell that will go away after it is broke in? I need to start more tea but don't want to have this happen again. Please help! Thank you for taking the time to read this!

ya your fine not to worry like you said thats the new pump smell may take a few weeks to brake the pump in a good friend of my got something just like your pump and did the same thing

ya your fine not to worry like you said thats the new pump smell may take a few weeks to brake the pump in a good friend of my got something just like your pump and did the same thing

Hey there! Thanks for the reply, Yea I'm happy that it is nontoxic but will be very happy when the smell goes away. It's really strong and can start to give me a headache if I'm around it too long. But it is diminishing though, slowly but surly. Thanks for chiming in!

thats a nice pump good pick what are you growing ??

Thanks, I just got the one microbeman suggested mostly because he said it should be good up to 30 gals. I only grow two at a time, One in veg and one in flower so all the extra tea goes on garden plants around the house. I am currently vegging a Wonder Woman from nirvana, and flowering a Jock horror auto also from nirvana. I have a small cabinet for veg and a 18"x18"x6' cabinet for flower with a 150 watt HPS, inline fan pulling air from both cabinets and of course small circulating fan in both rooms. What about yourself? What are you growing and whats your set-up like?

Thanks, I just got the one microbeman suggested mostly because he said it should be good up to 30 gals. I only grow two at a time, One in veg and one in flower so all the extra tea goes on garden plants around the house. I am currently vegging a Wonder Woman from nirvana, and flowering a Jock horror auto also from nirvana. I have a small cabinet for veg and a 18"x18"x6' cabinet for flower with a 150 watt HPS, inline fan pulling air from both cabinets and of course small circulating fan in both rooms. What about yourself? What are you growing and whats your set-up like?

Wonder Woman from nirvana nice sounds like me lol Wonder Woman was on sell i was looking nirvana has a good line up i buy from them all the time 420 has some good sponcers for seeds as well I'm harvesting soon i have two purple urkel two bubblichs and one super lemon haze
IMG_56023.JPG
IMG_56378.JPG
IMG_56365.JPG
IMG_55206.JPG
IMG_55315.jpg

i grow for my sister she has dandy walker she has lots of seizures so i do my best to help i have been growing a few years now I'm not the best i learn something every grow. Your funny I'm a girl not a bro lol :cheer:

i grow for my sister she has dandy walker she has lots of seizures so i do my best to help i have been growing a few years now I'm not the best i learn something every grow. Your funny I'm a girl not a bro lol :cheer:

Oh crap, sorry about that. I use it as a general term like "hey man" can be for man or woman. I call my wife bro all the time, she doesn't like it! Thats awesome you grow for your sister!

lol all good call me what you want :thumb: but ya would love to see some pics

OK, here are a few pics...

First up Wonder woman Fem @ about 2.5 weeks from seed:
IMG_28208.jpg
IMG_28197.jpg

Next we have this beautiful lady, Jock Horror Auto born on 12/04/15 been flowering about 4 weeks maybe more... I have it written in my journal but I do know it started pretty early and since it's a auto not much you can do about that. She has been LST'd:
IMG_28267.jpg
IMG_28226.jpg
IMG_28255.jpg
IMG_28237.jpg

I used my phone for theses and couldn't get real close but man... she is beautiful. I like your avatar BTW!
And of course I hate the really harsh look of color with the hps on, I may take some just after lights out with a flashlight to see the true color. I am using Subcool's super soil recipe with FFOF. All organic!

Yeah that's my sister bonehead sometimes but I love here your plants are looking really good and you can tell you're putting a lot of effort into it amazing keep it up

Yeah that's my sister bonehead sometimes but I love here your plants are looking really good and you can tell you're putting a lot of effort into it amazing keep it up

Hey, thanks! My pics are pretty crappy but yea I'm pretty proud of that jock horror. She is coming along great, That last pic of yours looks soooo good! which is it? Purple Urkle? And I think it is really awesome you grow to help out your sister. Cool as shit girl...

Hey, thanks! My pics are pretty crappy but yea I'm pretty proud of that jock horror. She is coming along great, That last pic of yours looks soooo good! which is it? Purple Urkle? And I think it is really awesome you grow to help out your sister. Cool as shit girl...

Thanks it means a lot :circle-of-love: ya thats purple urkle and the HPS hides all the purpel i just harvest and backs killing me lol i room was tight i have the other bathroom with some it it as well ill take a pic of that i forgot

IMG_56885.JPG
IMG_56875.JPG
IMG_56908.JPG

Thanks it means a lot :circle-of-love: ya thats purple urkle and the HPS hides all the purpel i just harvest and backs killing me lol i room was tight i have the other bathroom with some it it as well ill take a pic of that i forgot

IMG_56885.JPG
IMG_56875.JPG
IMG_56908.JPG

Yea!! Fresh harvest! Those look delicious, I bet that'll be some great smoke. Ima have to get me some urkle, I like its growth pattern and it's all fuzzy and cute too. Never smoked that before but I bet it's awesome.

IMG_56885.JPG
IMG_56875.JPG
IMG_56908.JPG
Hey there, wanted to ask about that purple urkle. how would you say it smokes? taste? smell? the high? And where do you get yours from? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom