Enighten me

Bobzilla

I'm planning my first set up. It will be a homemade grow closet measuring aprox. 2.5ft x 2.5ft by 5 or 6 ft. I got some advice from someone in a different forum and decided to go with a 400w HPS with a cooling system to reduce the heat in such a small space. I have a few more questions, and was hoping you folks could help me out.

Will a few large-ish computer fans be enough to supply proper ventilation. 2 intake and 2 exhaust.

I may use an armoire i have. What would be a good way to light proof it. Thick plastic sheeting? Like the kind that is black on one side and white on the other.

What is a good and relatively inexpensive way to supplement CO2?

Has anyone tried using a portable closet like the ones you can get from walmart as a grow closet? Could it stand up to the heat of the light?

I think that's it for now. I don't want to overwhelm you with too many questions. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

So, i just got a new house. I'm moving in on monday, and it has the perfect attic space to grow in. But i have to pay out the ass for the deposit and first months rent. This cuts into my lighting budget pretty well. So the revised plan is get an inexpensive CFL set up and down the road before it's time to flower get a low wattage HPS. Would a 70w put off enough heat to need a cooling system?

Cfl's don't put out much heat, If you put a fan in there you should be fine , Don't know if it will be enough light though , How many plants are you planning on ?

CFLs can grow very well you just have to make sure your using a mixed spectrum, some 6500k and some 2700k check out Home Depot for inexpensive lights and pick up a small 6" fan to keep the air moving. For sure check out Rosemans CFL tutorial !! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom