Ever notice how hydroponic shops try to keep the "marijuana" thing quiet?

RandyL

I recently moved back to Los Angeles after being in a non-growing state for a couple years. When I was here in L.A. before, and now that I'm back, one of the things I always thought was the most amusing was how hydroponic shops don't want you to mention marijuana or plant strains or anything like that.

It's the funniest thing. Who do we think is being fooled here? Does anyone thing I'm buying $100 HID lights and all sorts of fans and nutrients and meters to grow tomatoes in my bedroom? I didn't lug 2 huge bales of Sunshine Mix #4 past the other apartments front doors and into my place at midnight because I thought it'd be fun!

Even when I see a couple or a person by themselves come into the store while I'm there, they tend to get their things and leave, no one hangs around to have a conversation on growing techniques. No one even looks at you, it's all eyes front and head down and they leave as soon as they can.

Not that I expect it, it's just that the whole hush-hush thing in a legal state is funny to me.

lol I notice that also. Actually it's better that no one knows your growing, even if legal because of theft. I have a neighbor who was installing a gutter on his house with some guy. Less than a week later, one of my plants disappeared. I didn't call the cops even tho i'm legal in California.

Even though it's legal in Cali, it's still illegal federally. If you've ever been through a raid where a dozen guys smash in your door and throw you, your wife and daughter on the ground screaming with machine guns pointed at your head, then maybe you won't think it's so funny. Think about the store owner who can lose his store, house, bank account and freedom if a fed walks in and asks if they sell lights to grow weed and he engages in acceptance. They are scared for a reason and deserve a medal for being brave enough to offer you the supplies you need. Be grateful for them and understanding of their situation instead of making fun of them. :Namaste:

i frequent a shop where the guy had to put a sign on the door and on the counter that he could not sell if you expressed illegal intent.The locals obviously know whats going on as well as the police i talk veggies with the guy but he knows the deal!!

Back
Top Bottom