Exhaust help please

Wookiecub

I would like to run a 400 watt hps without the cool tube. My closet is like 7 to 8 sqf. I was going to by to inline 6" booster fans each 230 cfm. One I'm going to put facing in the closet sucking air from my bedroom which is normally pretty cold with my window unit ac on. Then one in the ceiling sucking hot air our to the attic. Would this keep temps low enough. Thanks for any input

I ran a 400 watt MH with 1 inline booster and never had temp problems, i would think 2 of them should be more than effective. Not being in a vented hood make sure to watch temps under the light though, it may be better to do 1 exhaust fan with a passive intake and add a oscillating fan blowing above the plant canopy but below the light.

Marz above sound dead on! Spending money whether you have it or not is a waste. 1 inline with the proper set up would be sufficient. I have a set up similar to this with a friend with NO inline (fans only) and it works. He would have more success if he went with an inline but he doesn't listen to well....

Hahaha don't listen to well. How can you say that. I appreciate all the knowledge people are giving me. Stuff they have learned by making mistakes. I know I'm going to hit some bumps in the road along the way. I also don't have money to piss away so if I don't need it I won't get it. Still going to vent for heat and proper airflow. Just love how people think there sh#t doesn't stink. Maybe I precieved that the wrong way. Thanks for all the help I will be taking some of your advice. Thanks I'm vary grateful and when I get there I will always be kind sharing my expirence with others not being cocky.

I think you misunderstood my response. What I'm saying is I agree with Marz. I think you will be fine with 1 inline. Trying to let you know don't waste your hard earned money on 2 because I believe you will see 1 is enough. My friend is too cheap to buy even 1 inline. If he did like you are willing to he would have more success! Sometimes things just don't come out right or sound different than what we say! No hard feelings just a misunderstanding... Happens often, like a text! I will always try to help you have fun and grow smart. Enjoy and Happy Growing!

:thumb: :allgood:

Sorry buddy got a little pumped. Just got a box fan. Ran it for a inline cooled room down a lot. Will see when I drop the new light in still might put a inline booster 6" pulling air out the top of my closet. Unless you know of something better. Thanks again.

Will likely spike the temps a bit. Keep them below 85 and you should be fine. 72-76 is what I shoot for but they will do fine at higher temps. The hotter it gets the fluffier your bud gets! Not a good thing. I feel anything above 85 and you're pushing it. 90 is definitely a danger zone. Bad things happen then! wait till you add the light and we will see where it goes? Happy Growing!

Back
Top Bottom