f1s and f2s same strain

budlover3388

im wondering if i make f2 seeds of the same strain is it the same exact as f1 for example if i just make blueberry seeds with a blueberry male and blueberry female is it the exact as f1 since the gentics is the same?

if not whats the difference?

Your original Blueberry seeds, if they were F1 seeds, were the product of crossing two *stable* but *different* parent plants, two stable but different lines. These seeds grow plants that look similar and mature at the same time.

F1 seeds cost more and seed banks don't worry too much about us making seeds from their F1 seeds because the seeds we produce (F2) will not be stable.

Your original Blueberry seeds, if they were F1 seeds, were the product of crossing two *stable* but *different* parent plants, two stable but different lines. These seeds grow plants that look similar and mature at the same time.

F1 seeds cost more and seed banks don't worry too much about us making seeds from their F1 seeds because the seeds we produce (F2) will not be stable.

thanks but it wont be stable even if i just make f2 blueberrys?(blueberry male xblueberry female)

Nope, the seeds you make from two F1 blueberry seeds will not be stable.

It would take about 5-6 generations of carefully choosing and crossing the F2 seeds for the traits you desire to begin to stabilize.

That being said, unless you're dead set on growing stable Blueberry, you might want to go for it anyways. You might have to deal with different phenotypes, but you should still get some good smoke, and you might just sprout something really special that you could keep as a mother and take clones from.

#1 Make the cross !!!!!! The more seeds the better.

#2 Get Marijuana Botany by Rob Clarke Great book for breeding.

Yes, the F2 will not be stable and some will be as good as the parents, some not as good, and some even better. That's why lots of seeds. Plant a lot and keep the best, then do it again.

SS is absolutely right with everything he said and it will take 4 or 5 crossings to get a stabilized hybrid, but you could end up with something very special.

Got lots of good genetics to work with there.

DD

and, IMO, DD is also spot-on with his advice.

Don't worry about stability, just make the cross and see what you get. You might have to deal with some different heights and maybe different bloom schedules, but as DD says, you could wind up with something even better than the parent plants.

Figure out what traits you want, keep crossing the plants that have those traits, and you'll wind up with a strain custom designed just for you.

Stability is extremely important for commercial growers, not as much for us closet folk.

For us, the genetic diversity in F2 seeds is a gold mine.

On my grows with regular seed, I plan to always make some F2 seeds by pollinating lower bud sites.

Back
Top Bottom