Favorite type of high?

newGrow

Share your favorite type of high and strain to smoke. :]

So far im pretty sure iv only smoked indica..because iv yet to smoke anything that gave me an "energetic mind high" like the acclaimed sativa strains.
I haven't done my first grow yet but when i do...I want to grow something that when i smoke it..makes me feel like the floor is turning into lava yet doesn't give me a couch lock. Is that just a fantasy or is there stuff out there like that?

Welcome to 420 Magazine, newGrow.

Posting from a cell-phone via SMS or the like? I'm only asking because a portion of our members do not speak/read English as their first language and some likely don't know the language at all. For those who must depend on online translator tools, taking the extra ½ to ¾ second to type "I've" instead of "iv" would make sure that they end up understanding you. Not every translator understands slang and likely few of them can handle "creative abbreviations."

I hope that doesn't read like I'm griping. It's just a thought that I've had lately - and more since I responded to a new member's introductory post (which he wrote in Spanish, presumably because he is not proficient in English) and had to use a web-translator to do it. Something to consider. I'll most likely not mention it again, either way.

It sounds like you would enjoy a sativa better than an indica or "50/50."

You might look for a haze type(*) sativa. Preferably one that hasn't been muddied by much in the way of indica genetics (there will likely be some in it). Longer quoted flowering times tend to point to higher percentages of sativa.

A strain that has (sativa) genetics from Oaxaca, Mexico would probably appeal. For that matter, some of the seeds that come out of commercial Mexican brick ("dirt weed" ;)) can turn out to be real jewels if grown properly with care and allowed to reach their correct harvest time instead of being cut early. Most people who've grown out those seeds have been pleasantly surprised - and some have been astounded.

Purer sativas take longer to flower (sometimes, a LOT longer). They generally yield less (for the same amount of space and lights) than indicas. They can be more challenging to grow. But they are worth it. And you've already given yourself an advantage by joining the best cannabis-awareness site on the Internet. If you're willing to post a grow journal - with the occasional picture of your plants - then you have the benefit of the experience of many people with more experience than you or I. Our completed journals forum is full of journals by members who had never grown cannabis before but ended up with very nice first harvests. There are likely several people with current ongoing journals who are in the process of doing the same thing.

Although there can be more effort involved with growing sativas (all things considered)... There is a reason that growers often use terms like "head stash," "connoisseur quality," and "the grower's own medicine." Even many for-profit growers who grow high-production indicas for their larger yield in less time... reserve space for a sativa or three for their own persona consumption.

It needs to be noted that if you are going to grow outdoors and you live in a part of the world where your growing season is not rather extended (some of the classic pure sativas were ready for harvest in January, lol) then you're going to have to compromise and pick strains that have more indica in them. A sativa that you've been forced to harvest too early is a sad thing. The "lighter yield than an indica" becomes anorexic because you lose the "bulking up" that occurs late in flower. You lose potency. And while the effect from a sativa taken at the proper time is a thing of beauty and magic, one that has been cut too early tends to cause feelings of paranoia, even anxiety and physical (racing heart, et cetera) symptoms in some.

(*) There are some interesting landrace sativas out there, but they can be somewhat more complicated than a "mostly sativa" haze ("mostly" haze). For example, you might find a Thai sativa to be very nice, sometimes almost trippy due to a combination of factors - but they often have a tendency to go hermaphroditic if you do something terrible to them... like look at them funny.

hey tortured soul! thank you for taking the time to type a nice long reply, I really appreciate it. I laughed when i read that last sentence.. that's interesting that plants can do that.

Yea it sounds like a sativa is what I am looking to grow. I wouldn't want to spend so much of my time and effort growing something that is going to give me the same couch lock feeling I can already get. Even though the yield for the sativa is probably less, I think it would still be worth it to try something new. Plus i'm not looking for crazy yields anyway, just 1-2 plants for personal use.

-----side note ..lol..i just googled sativa strains and came across another thread in this forum basically saying the same exact thing i just did, and answers a good amount of my questions. Glad to know there are other people out there who agree with me.

One thing that was mentioned though is that it is very difficult to grow a PURE sativa indoors. Apparently I would have to find a mix that is mostly sativa but has some indica qualities still present.

I have actually been reading the journals on here, really helps the learning process..This is a great site and thank you for the welcome.

Not so much difficult as "different." Many are light feeders, get tall and lanky (can be trained), produce less per watt, et cetera. No big deal.

Enjoy my second home ;) .

Landrace satvas like years back grown outside could be trippy. There are some still around but getting harder to find because of the crossed. A lot was due because of the war on drugs where growers was forced to go inside and growing those large hazes were harder and more expensive to do. If you are looking for a nice satva that is easy to grow, not a bad yielder depending on you setup and ability, finishes in flowering 55-60 days and gives you a clear, up, and happy, party type high. Look into C-99. aka Cindy 99it's easy to grow also.

Good luck,
Flip

My favorite Sativa high that I've experienced is from Super Lemon Haze.. I grew it myself and its a really nice energetic high. I have a landrace Malawi gold sativa going right now I'm excited to see the results of. Never had a 100% sativa strain before.

Back
Top Bottom