Federal Court Sets Hearing In Medical Marijuana Voting Rights Case

420 Warrior

A hearing has been ordered in the voting rights case brought by medical marijuana patients against the federal government.

U.S. District Court Judge Andrew Guilford set March 26 to hear arguments regarding whether federal authorities should be enjoined from sending letters ordering the closure of medical marijuana collectives in Costa Mesa, California.

The patients in the case allege they have been denied the right to vote on medical marijuana legalization despite Congress's December, 2009 decision to grant that right to Washington D.C. voters.

A team of likeminded attorneys has now started working cooperatively to defend disabled patients rights on this case and additional suits.

Commenting on the importance of the right to vote, Charles Farano, an attorney in the case, said, "when Congress gives one group of citizens the right to vote on something, it is inappropriate to deny that same voting right to others."

The case, James v. United States, was filed by Farano, David Welch, and attorney Matthew Pappas on behalf of patients who allege loss of access to medical cannabis after federal letters were sent ordering the shutdown of all collectives in Lake Forest and Costa Mesa, both cities in Orange County, California.

The patients are asking the court to prohibit the federal government from ordering the shutdown of collectives properly operating under state law.

marijuana_42.jpg

News Hawk - 420 Warrior 420 MAGAZINE
Source: The Sacramento Bee
Author: Pappas Law Group
Copyright: © The Sacramento Bee

Wow, that didn't take long. D.C. is going to stir the pot a little more for us. It is extremely hypocitical that the Congressional branch approves this for D.C., yet the Judicial branch is shutting down the other states. Further reason to believe, the tipping point is here or rapidly approaching. Yes! I'm going to live long enough to see it!

Wow, that didn't take long. D.C. is going to stir the pot a little more for us. It is extremely hypocitical that the Congressional branch approves this for D.C., yet the Judicial branch is shutting down the other states. Further reason to believe, the tipping point is here or rapidly approaching. Yes! I'm going to live long enough to see it!

Yes sir! We're getting it done brother! Ain't it cool?

I still firmly believe that these Southern "bible belt" states will be the final and hardest states to convince, as most of the people I talk to here, are completely unaware that there is even a Cannabis revolution going on!

Personally, I blame the media for this lack of "Cannabis" knowledge here and have made it my personal mission to inform everyone that I meet about it...But the sad part is, I am only one guy in a sea of million's of people who will never be made aware, unless we can get more support here!

I/we need troops on the ground, here in the south eastern part of this country...In a BIG way! We have no news coverage, no rallies, no events and no backing for the benefits of Cannabis...Only, hypocritical ideals and negative rhetoric here and personally, I'm sick of it! WE NEED HELP and WE'RE NOT GETTING IT!

One Cannabis seed could land me/us in prison and that's not cool! That need's to change! But there is no one here to help make that change...It's dis-concerning, to say the least! I just can't do it all by myself!? Where are MY/OUR troopers for truth? Where are MY/OUR Southern Cannabis Warriors?...Hello? Anybody out there? Does anyone here in the south east even care? Shame on us for falling so far behind!

It is cool brother!

I'm a southern boy too, so I feel your pain. We will definitely be the last on the list as many, including NORML, have basically pulled out of my state to better focus on the states that have the best chance of change, in the shortest amount of time. Can't say I blame them for there is simply not enough money to go around, but we can't let it stop us from doing everything we can til it comes around to us!

It is cool brother!

I'm a southern boy too, so I feel your pain. We will definitely be the last on the list as many, including NORML, have basically pulled out of my state to better focus on the states that have the best chance of change, in the shortest amount of time. Can't say I blame them for there is simply not enough money to go around, but we can't let it stop us from doing everything we can til it comes around to us!

That's true bro, and I'm glad to see some of my fellow southerners here...But the thing is, if no one else is out there spreading the word, then nothing will ever get done in these states.

We have got to get people involved and active here in the bible belt! Nothing will get done if more people are not involved and out making others aware of the "Cannabis revolution"! We, as "advocates", owe it to the millions who are suffering from illness's and from needlessly rotting in prison! I know, I don't want to be the next victim/statistic of an overly aggressive police/prison system and I don't want to see any of my friends suffering the same fate either! It's time to end this horror story, once and for all! To them, we are just easy pickings/money! Not cool!

16 states and D.C.,...with 34 more to go! That's the way I look at it brothers & sisters! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom