Fertilizer

I have a clone that's about a month old and it's already flowering really well... I have a question about using some fertilizers on it though... yesterday I bought some Miracle Grow liquid houseplant food, and some Miracle Grow shake & feed continuous release. A few people have told me they wouldn't use both at once because it might shock it, or burn it up. I can see where that might happen and definitely don't want that... Any suggestions?? I'm sure I'm not near as advanced in growing as some are, and I'm not looking to yield any huge results.. Would just like to enjoy some of "my own" =] Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:

Sounds good, I'll try as you suggested and use only the liquid. Thanks for the feedback. I've grown outdoor for 4-5 years now, this is my first indoor attempt. Hopefully all goes well.. I have one more question about harvesting.. I know theirs a certain "window" to harvest your crop, but I don't know for sure if I'm getting it. Any tips on signs for the right time? I've read when the trichs are an amber color it is time.. Anybody have any pointers on exacting this "window" of opportunity...?

Do you know what strain it is?

Most strains run for at least 8 weeks from the start of flowering.

8 weeks is 56 days. Unless it's a fast flowering strain, it won't be ready by then.

9 weeks is 63 days and the buds will be swelling noticeably. some strains are finished now.

10 weeks is 70 days and most indica strains will be ready for harvesting.

Sativa strains can take much longer.

It's really an individual choice when to harvest.

It's your plant and when the buds have swollen in the last few weeks of flowering,

you can cut a bud to try it and see how the effects change over time.

Get a 20x or 30x loupe and check the trichomes on the flowering tops.

Do this soon, so that you get an eye for what they look like.

you will see them change over time from clear to cloudy as THC reaches peak production.

When all the glandular trichomes are cloudy and some have turned amber,

then she is ready for harvesting.

The longer you leave it after this, the more narcotic and couch locky the effects become.

I hope that answers your question, or at least makes some kind of sense :)

More links and info

What are Trichomes? Trichome 101

Pictures on when to harvest: Trichome colours

I don't know for sure what strain it is but I think it might be Indica.. it has a little wider leaf to it.. I could post a few pics if you think it would help you help me.. lol. I like a second opinion from time to time .. and lookin for someone who knows a thing or two from experience, not just off what they've read, to inquire on a few things and maybe make a few suggestions ya know..

A few pics of my baby.. ^_^

IMG_1365_EDITED_.jpg

IMG_1360_EDITED_.jpg

IMG_1359_EDITED_.jpg

Thanks! ;) I'll get ya some pics of all of her.. (she's not even a foot tall...) but still stinky & lookin good.. how much longer u think til I'll be able to harvest her in your opinion? Or is it hard to tell? Can't wait lol... ^_^

Haha thanks... she's def a beaut. Can't wait to taste her ^_^.. I have just a heat bulb on it right now.. but I have another 400w HID light on the way. What's the benefit of spraying? Or is it not a good thing.. thanks! :D

What do you think about these leaves turning yellow?? Over
watering? I've only put fertilizer on her once this last time
I watered.. but I mixed it exactly as it said to.. Some kind
of deficiency? Does this just happen and new leaves will form?
Because I've noticed there are a few more small leaves coming in
around the buds. Any suggestions or tips would be nice?.. :)
Thanks!

IMG_1392_EDITED_.jpg

IMG_1391_EDITED_.jpg

IMG_1390_EDITED_.jpg

IMG_1389_EDITED_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom