few questions about my babies

knowledgeable

So I'm new to gardening and was wondering when I should start feeding my plants. They started germing last monday and sprouted Thursday. Now its Monday again and they are getting pretty strechy. I'm growing in some MG garden soil I had. The bag says it can feed for 6 months but Id like some opinions. They look good besides red stems and the stretch. I have them under 6 cfls at about 8,550 lumens. Lmk your thoughts about the setup and the fert Also they are sativa dominant I think so stretch might be normal. Thanks in advanced.

Feeding wont be needed till atleast the cotyledons fall off, those are the small little leaves that originally popped.... In the early stages of life she will just live off of these as it contains all she will need. Also you may want to consider swapping out that mg for a different soil as MG tends to be really hot and tends to burn and even can kill some plants. The stretch means that they are wanting more light. maybe move the CFL's a bit closer and a fan blowing on seedlings will help strengthen the stem cause it will fight the wind and naturally begin to thicken up. And remember when you begin feeding to start slow. Use the recommended times but maybe 50% of the strength or even 25% and increase to full strength. This way you can ensure that your plant is taking the nutes well.

Hey that's a bunch man. Yeah I have had the fan going to prevent molding and to get fresh air on them and I guess I will lower the lights a bit more(I don't want them to grow into them) Is there anything I can add to the water next watering to help prevent the burning? Does the soil have too high of a ph or is it something else doing the burning?

With cfl's distance aint really an issue. As long as the bulb doesn't touch the plant directly your pretty much in the clear although more people keep about 2 inches away. Miracle grow tends to have too many nutes in it causeing the burn and with the time release that Mg has it just doesn't do well. Many growers have had great success with it tho.... As long as the plant doesn't show signs of nute burn rock it but if it does begin to show any signs of it..... Then I would go ahead and get it into some new dirt. There isn't much you can do right now but wait and see what she wants...... But getting the CFL's closer is the best place to start at this point.

Back
Top Bottom