Final days of stretch outdoors coincidence?

Gee

Hello all,

I am growing two plants outdoors in Cali. One a hybrid (Banana Split) and the other (OG Kush) will be bushy, and it is... This is my second year outdoors, and last year, on ALMOST the exact same date, we had a heat wave in mid august as well.

Two days after the heat wave started seemed to be its last day stretching (I have pictures from my other grow, same timing), AND the oldest leaves are beginning to yellow from the outer tip back, they are not yellowing completely like the ones under the canopy, which just dont get light.

The COINCIDENCE; is it coincidence that when stretch stops and the white hairs appear, that the plant recognizes its most useless leaves and starts to let those die off, if it has to??? Why i ask, i did defoliate one stem yesterday and when done i realized all the dying leaves i removed revealed buds and new foliage. It was like a new plant. The defoliation made the branch look like the hard core defoliation indoor growers do. I did stop defoliating due to the heat wave so the plant has more reserves, but was wondering if these coincidences are all in my head...????

Hello all,

I am growing two plants outdoors in Cali. One a hybrid (Banana Split) and the other (OG Kush) will be bushy, and it is... This is my second year outdoors, and last year, on ALMOST the exact same date, we had a heat wave in mid august as well.

Two days after the heat wave started seemed to be its last day stretching (I have pictures from my other grow, same timing), AND the oldest leaves are beginning to yellow from the outer tip back, they are not yellowing completely like the ones under the canopy, which just dont get light.

The COINCIDENCE; is it coincidence that when stretch stops and the white hairs appear, that the plant recognizes its most useless leaves and starts to let those die off, if it has to??? Why i ask, i did defoliate one stem yesterday and when done i realized all the dying leaves i removed revealed buds and new foliage. It was like a new plant. The defoliation made the branch look like the hard core defoliation indoor growers do. I did stop defoliating due to the heat wave so the plant has more reserves, but was wondering if these coincidences are all in my head...????
:hmmmm:

Dont defoil.... its meaningless and bro science. Specially outdoors when plants self regulate via senescence (those falling off leaves). All you do with defoil is open a wound for pathogens to enter.

Back
Top Bottom