Final Georgia Commission On Medical Cannabis Meeting Today

Jacob Redmond

The Georgia Commission on Medical Cannabis is having its last meeting today.

Chairman and State Representative Allen Peake is optimistic the board will have a recommendation for Governor Nathan Deal at the end. The cannabis commission is trying to come up with a way to grow marijuana in the state.

At their last meeting in October, board members heard from law enforcement officials. The Georgia Sheriff's Association said it opposes the growth of any form of marijuana in the state.

Peake said there will be more testimony from both sides of the argument followed by board discussion at today's meeting. He hopes members will come to an agreement on a general recommendation to the governor. Peake plans to use the idea to develop a bill for the 2016 General Assembly.

Story6.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Final Georgia Commission On Medical Cannabis Meeting Today
Author: Web Staff
Photo Credit: Alexa Rodriguez

Yea, not to optimistic here. I know full well how much our law makers just hate the idea of any form of Cannabis legislation here in the Peach. It'll be like pulling teeth to get them on board with any form of Cannabis as medicine, other than this lame low potency CBD oil I keep hearing about, but legalization is certainly out of the question. I really don't consider low potency CBD oil as proper Cannabis medication so I really don't think of Georgia as a MMJ state no matter what MMJ laws they claim we have here. In my opinion, Cannabis is only medicine when it's in it's entirety with ALL it's healing faculties in tact, not just a half assed version of it designed for only a couple of ailments. Some may disagree with that but that's my stance.

I recently sent Deal an email through the NORML website and the response I got in return was disheartening to say the least. His "prewritten" letter basically stated in no uncertain terms that he really wants nothing to do with Cannabis here in Georgia and he plans on fighting it every step of the way, of course that's the short version. The actual letter disgusted me so much that I immediately deleted it as soon as I got through reading it, but now I kind of regret doing that because I realize now that I should have kept it and shared it here with you guys, oh well, maybe next time?

I really wish Georgians would get past this stubborn streak and start fighting harder for Cannabis legalization but I just can't seem to get any help here, I've tried every angle and approach I can think of but it just seems to fall on def ears here. It's not from a lack of Cannabis users here either, I know very few people here that don't use it and even less people who oppose it but for what ever reason, people just won't fight for it like I do? I sure do wish I knew what to do to change that?
:helpsmilie:

Back
Top Bottom