Finished first tincture

Bobby Blunt

I just completed decarbonizing and infusing 7grams of Delicious Candy with 16oz of Everclear, the tincture came out fine, but I don't care for the taste of the everclear. I started looking for a white/clear liquor of at least 80% or higher ABV preferable vodka, I found one online, "Spirytus 96 Rektyfikowany" out of Poland, 95% ABV. the price is ok, $24.99 for a 750ml but the online shop want's to charge $36 !!! to ship. I don't want to go no lower that 80% ABV, I'll consider a vodka, rum, or tequila.

Thanks 013,
I not only found an alternative to the Everclear, but a totally different approach to making cannabis tincture. Ethanol undenatured alcohol, I found a site, Lab Alley, they make several versions of food grade undenatured certified ethanol, organic vegan corn, organic vegan sugar, and organic cane, all are 190 proof and 95% alcohol and the process used is kosher, I chose the organic cane because its specifically made for tinctures. 420 Magazine is an vital hub for our community, the forums, articles, reviews, and conversations are just a few of the many branches for those of us who grow or those that just want to know.
Peace.

Wow organic cane sounds like the ticket, I’m gonna take a gander at this - thanks for sharing!,
Not a problem 013, it was you who put me on the quest :thumb: thank you. The canna sugar is really nice my wife loves it in her morning coffee, nice an mellow no couch lok, just ready to start her day. Tincture is 2 cups ethanol to either 7gr. to 14gr of flower I went 7gr. I don't think you want to use Glycerin for your base, I was watching youtube and this lady was saying it doesn't make for good tincture but do your research. Oh, Canna sugar: 1/2 cup sugar to 1/4 cup distilled water and 1/4 tincture at 200 degrees for about 1hr, mix/scrape every 20mins. until dry.

I have an MB2 Magic butter machine, which makes it easy and I use Bacardi 151and it's fantastic, this is from their site...
  • 14-28g Decarboxylated Botanicals, per cup of Alcohol
  • 2-5 cups Grain Alcohol; minimum 150 proof (75% ABV)
  • Note: Vegetable glycerin (VG) may be substituted for alcohol, but note VG tinctures are about 1/3 as potent as an alcohol tincture for the same amount of botanicals

Back
Top Bottom