first attempt at playing the creator

dharmabum

i just planted a few seeds and i know at first the soil must be moist but not soaked but after the seeds are in the soil how much should i water it should i keep it moist or let it dry out alittle bit and water again in a few days this is my first time and iam trying to grow inside using the window method(all natrual light ) so any advice would be welcomed and greatly appreciated share the knowledge !!!

bongerella said:
I usually wait until I pres into the soil 1/2 inch before I hit moist soil, then I water.

thank you today is day 4 and theres something sprouting but i got the soil from outside and iam not sure what i have growing is there a way of telling by looking at it when its that small

yeah I tried using outdoor soil once but it turned muddy real easily and then it hardened. It's probably best to just spend a few bucks on some real nice soil that will have good drainage ability, perlite - like bongerella suggested - and/or sand, humus, and/or spongerock. That way it's for sure the roots will have an easier time. Also, using soil from outdoors might have it's down falls. With that dirt, you could be bringing in pests so you might want to watch carefully how your plant reacts.

if you insist on using dirt from outside as your growing medium you really should sterilize the dirt first otherwise you might not get the results you want.outdoor dirt can contain lots of bad stuff........from pesticide reside to parts of roots from other weeds and god only knows what microbes and pathogens are in there too.

1shyof10

Back
Top Bottom