First DWC material list check please

Anonimo

This is my first dwc and I have a whole composition book full of collected data. So I have the process. I would just like to post my material list, to see if I am missing something or if someone more experienced has any advise. Thank you for your time and comments.

First the room.
8.5'Wx6'Lx7'Tall
Fully insulated.
4 plants

Ok here are my materials in no particular order... Sorry. Any tips, tricks, or criticism would be wonderful. You should get an idea of the system based on the materials.

X2 HTG supply ultimate 250w HPS & MH grow light kit.
X4 coolworks microchiller
X4 stainless steel airtight storage tub 1.85gallon (curing)
100' string (hang dry)
MP-75x magnifying glass
Titanium snips
Soleus AirLX-140BL portable ac/heater
X2 7day digital outlet timer
Mist bottle
X4 8" airstone disc
x4 10" bucket basket lid
x4 5gallon light proof buckets
Milwaukee MW102 ph/c meter
Milwaukee MW401 smart TDS/ppm meter
Fox farm dirty dozen nutes
Mylar/black poly 6.7 mils 100'x50"
Non-toxic silicone adhesive
Active Air AAPA 110L air pump
Petco black airline 25'
Viagrow50 hydroton 70lbs
Taylor wireless multizone thermometer 14-158*F
Jiffy tomato starter green house

I'll be running both HPS and MH threw out the life cycle.
Any info/suggested materials would be appreciated.

Re: First DWC material list check please.

It's very difficult to extrapolate what you want to do from a list of materials, especially in no particular order.

There is no mention of ventilation, extraction fan or carbon filter. What is the area you want to light? Big room, small lights. IDK how you want to place your buckets or if you want separate veg and flower areas but you might be better served with a single 600W or 1000W.

Same room for veg and flower.
And with the light distribution equation factored for 53,000 lumens at the distance of 3ft the lights im using is technically already overkill. By the equation I would need only one 250w for 4 plants.
As for ventilation the soleus ac/heater has a dual exhaust system to cycle out "old" air and introduce "fresh" air, its tied into the chimeny.
and I'm running both MH and HPS so I need both fixtures. The plants will be isolated in there own dwc buckets, but huddled together in the center of the room. The microchillers are for root zone temperature control. Everything will be lined with with the mylar/black poly. Walls, ceiling, floor, buckets, ECT......

Same room for veg and flower.
And with the light distribution equation factored for 53,000 lumens at the distance of 3ft the lights im using is technically already overkill. By the equation I would need only one 250w for 4 plants.
As for ventilation the soleus ac/heater has a dual exhaust system to cycle out "old" air and introduce "fresh" air, its tied into the chimeny.
and I'm running both MH and HPS so I need both fixtures. The plants will be isolated in there own dwc buckets, but huddled together in the center of the room. The microchillers are for root zone temperature control. Everything will be lined with with the mylar/black poly. Walls, ceiling, floor, buckets, ECT......

You look pretty much covered, there will be little things as you go, with your setup you can even do CO2 witch is pretty cool. Depending on how big you grow your plants four buckets can take about 16 square feet a 250w is really not that much.

So then would it be a good idea to run one 500w MH for veg. And change over to a 500w HPS for flowering, or stick with two 250w one of each? Thank you for your input.

One of the big problems I have had is co-ordinating the A/C with the co2. I finally gave up on the co2, for now. When I get the time, I will cycle a/c alternating with co2. The Soleus a/c just sucks out the co2. I posted about this earlier, but never got any feedback. I don't know what others have done about this issue.
I also use UV light in my Res. Makes a difference. don't put copper tubing in the res. Don't run your ventilation at the same time as co2. Install a green light so you can check the girls when they are asleep. Install a Foscam, so you can check on your room anywhere in the world.bubble the res as well as the pots. Start out LOW on the ppm...

CO2 is for a grow that is in a sealed room and not for the beginner as temps also matter for proper CO2 to get the desired results most times we can improve our grows off the major item light, air movement, temperatures, nutes, testing and monitoring. Get every other thing dialed in before going for your CO2. Look into LED's as they are close in price but life of bulbs is only 50K hours lol take a while for that or 5.7 years if u left it on for 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Or you can change bulbs every few grows and have a lot more heat to put up with. But when using LED's you will also have to invest in sunglasses as it gets BRIGHT.

Back
Top Bottom