First Grow 1 Week Mark Feedback Please!

jt2142

Hey all :thumb:
Just hit the one week mark on my first grow (excluding germination).

Was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback on my babies!

Blue Amnesia - I've noticed one of the leaves on this plant has drooped and turned yellow. Only a small leaf...but take it this is a sign I need to start my nutrients? Also, had problems with the little bugger falling over several days ago. Had to prop it up as you can see, has seemed to save her so fingers crossed.
IMG_32297.jpg

Green-O-Matic - Very happy with this dwalf so far :p Very thick stem and big broad green leaves. Think it could be a biggen!
IMG_32307.jpg

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :thanks:

So far things look good. Be careful with the water spots on the leaves. It can magnify the light and cause burns or brown spots. :goodjob: :peace:
Oh damn! Didn't know that haha just dried them off quickly :) Thanks man. Should I be concerned about the drooping leaf on the top picture. Towards the right?

Look good!! I would make sure to get the water droplets off so they don't cause burn marks on the leaves from the LED light refraction. The small first leaves that are small and rounded (cotyledons) will fall off anyways, that's normal...I would maybe start them on an EC of 0.5-0.6 TDS/PPM on the .5 scale at 250ppm-300ppm. :)

Looking great! But NO! They're too young for nutes. Those first two "leaves" (actually called cotyledons) almost always die early on. It's normal. And a tip for your Blue Amnesia, if you want to strengthen the stem tremendously, take your index finger and thumb & pinch the stem, in the middle, until you feel a slight pop and it tilts over. It's worth it! In no more than a day it will be reaching right back up for light. Over time the stalk will wood up where you popped it. You can do this every couple weeks to get a tree trunk going on. Cheers! :goodjob::blunt:

Looking great! But NO! They're too young for nutes. Those first two "leaves" (actually called cotyledons) almost always die early on. It's normal. And a tip for your Blue Amnesia, if you want to strengthen the stem tremendously, take your index finger and thumb & pinch the stem, in the middle, until you feel a slight pop and it tilts over. It's worth it! In no more than a day it will be reaching right back up for light. Over time the stalk will wood up where you popped it. You can do this every couple weeks to get a tree trunk going on. Cheers! :goodjob::blunt:
Thanks for advice all :thumb: Should I wait for the 2 week mark before introducing nutes? OK I'll try the pinching method. I was thinking the stem is very thin! I'm gonna be scared that I may snap it though :( :thanks:

Or when you first start nutrients, a couple of drops of Potassium Silicate will make them strong & sturdy...a little Potassium Silicate goes a long way...(drops) until they are bigger, also Potassium Silicate will raise pH.

Back
Top Bottom