First grow - Need help with setup

greenjean

420 Member
Hi All

This is my first grow and first post to the forum. I have lurked for a little while trying to soak up information while I got things prepped to start. I'm in a state where growing is legal, but I kinda err on the side of caution about privacy and stuff. I'm not sure if I'll try a journal. But I figured this is the place where I need to be to get help. The short of it is that I've built, well modified, a wardrobe into a grow box. At the moment, i'm trying to figure out another box or tent for veg. The space in my box is approximately 20"D x 47" W x 56" H with a 6" fan and carbon filter. Currently there is a 150W LED inside the box. I plan on growing in soil. I'm hoping to kick off the three seeds i'm germ'ing now (2 autos, 1 fem.) and be able to possibly move the feminized plant and start others in the new veg box, so I guess I have anywhere from 4-6 weeks to put this together. I'm trying to figure out a good setup for that. The max space that I have available for the the veg area is approximately 33" W x 24" D x 40" H inside a closet.

I've been looking at the SJ dp90 as the base for this setup, but I'm open to anything. I've looked at base cabinets and other pre made type options that kinda fit the bill, but after modifying the other box I am trying to keep the DIY down and KISS for this phase. I'm fine sealing a box, but don't wanna create any more noise sawing etc. for ventilation and the like. I guess my question is what would you choose in my situation. Keeping smell and noise down to a minimum in the veg tent are important, especially smell. But, since I have no experience with any 4" ventilation products and don't wanna build custom ventilation i'm stuck. Can anyone can lend some suggestions on what they are using for smell in small veg tents/boxes?

Lighting is my next concern for both boxes/tent. I figure the 150W won't be enough for my flower area. My initial one-box plan was to buy a second 150W and put both in the flower box, side by side. Since I've decided to try for a veg area the plan has to change. I guess I could make the 150W my veg light and put a new panel in the flower box. I thought about the 300W but some of the sponsors' and other COB options are intriguing. Maybe I'll have more options in the shallow area for moving the lights around, since I could buy 2-4 smaller COB lights rather than one larger panel. Another option was to buy the second 150W and use t5 or cfl in the veg area. All said and done I'm trying to stay under $500 in expenses at the moment. The tent from a big online seller is $100 so ventilation and lights would need to be about $400 or less. Also, as long as the veg box is completed I'm willing to add more lighting to the flower area later. I didn't know whether I would need to do this regardless, but I can always hang some supplemental lights, CFL or whatever they are. Sorry, I haven't determined grow style yet, but I know that is a consideration as well.

Sorry to be so long winded with this post, but I hope that it's understandable. Also please forgive any posting faux pas. Sorry the pic sucks, I had to snag it this morning with my phone without getting any personally ID'able stuff in frame. I hope it gives at least a small picture of what I'm working with. I also want to say thanks to all the members for posting, I've read countless pages of your posts.

Back
Top Bottom