first grow wont grow rockwool

IBiLLy

hi peeps new to this so here it goes.start ma fist grow of super skunk ,cracked the seed no bother and put them in rock wool ph balanced soaked for 24 hours and not waterlogged but thay never grow out the rock wool .a dont add nuts as there no even sprouted yet got a 400 w light at least 28 inches away from the rockwool cube for heat as a keep them in the dark just now till thay sprout did this twice now to six seeds and thay wont sprout .the room is warm constantly at 85 -90 and its a cupboard about 1 meter wide buy 2 half meters long and 2 half meters tall .wat am a doing wrong a plant the seed in the rock wool no even half a inch deep already cracked still two weeks later no sigh wen a open up the cubes the seeds have green roots still but thay have barely growin in size. the seeds are not turned to mush or anything the seed case is still hard with a root but the root looks as if it just refuse to grow in rockwool .a dont soak the rock wool .once a day al sit it in ph water for 3 - 5 sec no even a half of cm deep to wet the base of it and let it drip the water out.had them cover for a week then put them in light to see if that help but nope .yeh a know a can buy stuff to keep the room cooler and stuff but dont wanna waste anymore money if a canny even get buy the sprouting part first wasted 0ver £200 bucks on the set up so far and av no even got to the stage of setin up ma hydro kick yet booooooooooooo.a wanna grow this but a just canny get the seeds stared any help please a know about how to germinate thats no the prob its wen thay got to rock wool a must be fucking it up some how any help will be well appreciated

if the rooms to warm can u put a 250w bulb in a 400w ballast and are the rock wool cubes to big a use 4x3 inchs did the paper towel method with first 3 then the next three straight into the rockwool but both seem to stop growing at the same time a think buy the look of the seeds.a smoke about a half ounce a week so was trying to get a grow with 3 in flower and three in veg stage so a have a supply every two mounth to keep me going got all the equpiment ,two hydro beds two 400 w light pumps mostly everthing apart from air conditiners and humidififes would buy them if a can get a grow on the go first to see wat needs done first

It does seem too warm in there, but I wouldn't think that would stop them from sprouting. What are you using to check your pH? Have you calibrated it? Also, it is suggested that you soak rockwool in pH'ed water for some time. I'm not sure how long, but I think it's like an hour. Also, you shouldn't need all that lighting to spout them, you can do it under CFLs or even in a window.

Try sprouting them in some good soil.when their stable,wash off dirt and move to a cube.I cut mine spread it open and close it around the roots,

What is the RH?

Lightly mist the rockwool and make the root search for water...sometimes when the rockwool is too wet they don't like it & won't take off.

Back
Top Bottom