First Medical Marijuana Producer in New Mexico Approved

Ms. RedEye

420 Support
420 Staff
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – New Mexico has approved its first license for a business to produce medical marijuana, but its name and location are secret.

The health department says releasing information about the nonprofit business would make it a target. The department will tell patients how to contact the producer.

New Mexico differs from 12 other states with medical marijuana legislation in that health officials oversee production and distribution. The state chose to license nonprofits after its attorney general warned that state workers could get prosecuted if they're directly involved.

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder signaled a change on medical marijuana policy Wednesday. He says federal agents will target marijuana distributors only when they violate both federal and state law.

News Hawk: MsRedEye: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Associated Press
Author: Sue Major Holmes
Copyright: 2009 The Associated Press
Website: The Associated Press | The essential global news network

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – New Mexico has approved its first license for a business to produce medical marijuana, but its name and location are secret.

This is fantastic

The only that would have been better would have been for this to have happened before John Walters left office. This would have gotten under his skin and created an unscratchable itch

Progress is a beautiful thing

why am I always reading about how it has to be non-profit or not for profit. Whats wrong with making a decent living on making medicine like any other company?
Non profit doesn't mean a person cannnot draw a wage. All workers are allowed to be paid. Even the owner is allowed to be reimburesed for his work. He just can't bank any money in the form of savings. All profit must go back into the business.

God forbid that the producers of medicine should make a profit! Ok, If the is really the case can you tel me why all those big pharma companies are making billions in profits?
Just another of the twisted ways that governments want to look at natural medicine VS chemical medicines. I say let the guys make a profit.At the same time I want the price of the medicine kept down. If government got out of the business of interfering in the marketplace, the price would be down to about $100 a pound. Maybe even less. How much does a bale of hay cost?

Back
Top Bottom