First Recreational Cannabis License OK'd

The General

The discussion at the Pueblo County Colorado Courthouse was dominated Wednesday with budget talks, but it ended on a high note. Commissioners approved the county's first recreational marijuana license. That historic distinction went to Marisol Therapeutics, a Pueblo West medical marijuana dispensary in transition to the new retail industry.

"This is a historical moment. We've been open five years now and we've been doing this thing right from the beginning and I think that's the way this should stay," said owner Michael Stetler, who was joined by his wife and 16 employees who cheered and clapped afterward. "This is a big deal," said Commissioner Liane "Buffie" McFadyen. "In Pueblo County, we are taking a big step forward with you. I think this is a special moment and I wanted to take a moment to recognize it, not only for Pueblo and Colorado but the nation."

Retail pot can start legally flying off shelves on Jan. 1. The county has capped the number of local dispensaries that can transition to the new market at 10. The county expects to review more license applications in the coming weeks. "I'll be excited to move into this environment," said Commissioner Sal Pace, who has led the local regulatory effort . . . "We have a very robust regulatory environment . . . We're collecting fees to help us hire an enforcement officer, and we're proud to put together a strong regulatory system."

Cannabis1.jpeg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Chieftain.com
Author: Nick Bonham
Website: The Pueblo Chieftain | First recreational pot license OK?d

Back
Top Bottom