First SoG: Do you prune?

meffa

I took clones and put them in 1gl containers to try a SoG and wanted to ask if any pruning should be done on these prior to flipping to 12/12? They've been in soil for a week and I'm planning to let them veg for one more week before flip.

Well, if you're trying to create a grow room packed full of budcicles, you don't want side branches.

Well, if you're trying to create a grow room packed full of budcicles, you don't want side branches.
Yeah I definitely don't want side branches, but wasn't sure how developed those would be with such short plants and I thought those might grow into the main cola.

I took clones and put them in 1gl containers to try a SoG and wanted to ask if any pruning should be done on these prior to flipping to 12/12? They've been in soil for a week and I'm planning to let them veg for one more week before flip.
Two weeks in a natural soil grow might not be enough time to get plants of any size.

I have grown in 1 and 2 gallon containers and it can be done and I have done SoG style perpetual grows. I will put 3 plants into the flowering cabinet and then a week or two later three more and then do it again in another week or so. I will let the clones grow in these smaller sized pots for several weeks minimum so they get some size.
Yeah I definitely don't want side branches, but wasn't sure how developed those would be with such short plants and I thought those might grow into the main cola.
I watch the side branches because I do not want them growing past the edge of the container if at all possible. The pots will be pushed up very close to the other pots and I do not want those branches interfering with each other. Eventually the first set of plants is harvested and several new plants are put in. Available room is sometimes not there so I have to watch how far those side branches stick out.

I don't plan on the smaller size branches growing into the main cola. They will grow out to the side. away from the stem with the main cola. Consider them for pruning. The main cola will grow its own side branches given enough time.

A SoG grow is fun.

Two weeks in a natural soil grow might not be enough time to get plants of any size.

I have grown in 1 and 2 gallon containers and it can be done and I have done SoG style perpetual grows. I will put 3 plants into the flowering cabinet and then a week or two later three more and then do it again in another week or so. I will let the clones grow in these smaller sized pots for several weeks minimum so they get some size.

I watch the side branches because I do not want them growing past the edge of the container if at all possible. The pots will be pushed up very close to the other pots and I do not want those branches interfering with each other. Eventually the first set of plants is harvested and several new plants are put in. Available room is sometimes not there so I have to watch how far those side branches stick out.

I don't plan on the smaller size branches growing into the main cola. They will grow out to the side. away from the stem with the main cola. Consider them for pruning. The main cola will grow its own side branches given enough time.

A SoG grow is fun.
Thanks for the good info. I trimmed everything below the 4th node last night and today they are looking very happy. I'm trying 4 different strains for variety and a have couple of each. As expected they're growing differently and I plan to put them into flower at different times.

Back
Top Bottom