What you been doing?

Auggie

Well, now that clone season is over, I decided to get back to my roots (pun intended) and actually grow. I used to love to do SCROG grows back when it was really new and revolutionary. (I actually had someone tell me once that it wouldn't work).

I constructed three frames of PVC and 2 x 4 wire fencing to go over three 4 x 8 tables. Each table has two 600 wt HID's over them.

I just flipped them over to 12/12 on Monday the 17th of August. They've been vegging for about three weeks.

SCROG_3_wks_side.JPG

These are a hybrid strain called "Purple Cadillac". Never grown it before; but I really like the way these girls treat me. They tend to be a bit Mag hungry, but a pinch of Epsom Salts as a top dressing fixed them right up.

SCROG_3wks_veg_top.JPG

As you can see, the frame is filled in about 75% - they will fill in nicely during flower.

SCROG_3wks_pre_groom.JPG

This is a candid look under the girls' skirts. This is before I groomed them. Girls need grooming in their hinter regions - and these girls are no different. They need to have almost all vegetation removed under the wire. In a perpetual grow, this is when and where you get your clones for the next generation. In fact, I bet you can pick out three or four good cuttings on the plant in the foreground.

SCROG_3wks_post_groom.JPG

... and this is what it looks like when all the stuff is removed under the wire. This keeps air moving around, inhibits PM, and bugs -- and anything under the wire is not going to be high quality anyway ... so get it out. My rule of thumb is: If the top of the branch is not at least touching the wire by the time to flip, then cut it off.

SCROG_3wks_top_top.JPG

This is a God's eye view - straight down. In a couple of weeks there will be NO blank spaces at all.

I feel like a real farmer now, not 'just' a clone farmer. It's good to grow - I like it very much.

I am going to have some major surgery in a few weeks, so I will be relying on wifey to take care of my ladies. She assures me that she is up to it. I introduced them to my wife a week ago so they can start getting used to her touch. I think they'll get along just fine.

Harvest is tentatively scheduled for mid October, but I will wait till they tell me it's time.

During recovery, I will have more time on my hands, so I will be able to post updated pix's.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom